93 4L60e to 4L80e questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know how I go about keeping the stock speedo without stock computer, etc? The research i've done indicates the VSS is different between the 60 and the 80. Can I swap the 60 VSS in? Do I need to make changes to the harness?

PS: The tbi crap is going away and i'm gonna convert the 80 to full manual control. The truck shall be a serious fun street/track toy so the full manual VB doesn't phase me.

Thanks!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
how are you gonna keep a stock harness without a stock harness? sounds like your making it alot more difficult than it has to be. and if your eliminating tbi then how do you plan on it? sounds like you need to dedicate a bit more thought into what your doing beforehand, theres tons of questions that need to be asked at this point.

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not terribly difficult.

1. Pull stock motor.
2. Drop in big block with 4L80.
3. Put carb on big block with HEI.
4. Use stock harness for alternator, starter, VSS signal, etc.

I never said the stock harness was going anywhere..... Simply how are people managing the connection on the speedo to the 4L80e.