92 k1500 brake lights not working need help wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stenny

Reaction score
brown wire also get power when brake is pressed the brown wire is on the 2 wire connector on brake switch and goes towards firewall it seems like it goes behind relay panel. there are 3 flashers 2 near firewall and 1 behind fuse box. there is a 2 prong flasher behind fuse panel which controls blinkers, theres a 5 prong and a 3 prong flasher under dash near firewall. i am not sure what does what with those flashers or relays i would imagine the 5 prong does brakes etc mine lookalike 2 prongs are burnt probably from my having wires crossed at the rear of the truck

Last edited:

stenny

Reaction score
the orange wire kept brake lights on because i think spring in brake switch is messed up because it doesn't shut off taillights i tried adjusting it for like 20 min and no matter what i did brake lights stayed on when you let off the brake pedal. maybe i am adjusting it wrong idk anyone have some advice or can someone make a video of how to adjust brake switch that would help.

stenny

Reaction score
so i connected everything and brakes work i just needed to adjust brake switch after all that thanks

stenny

Reaction score
No it was a relay a cut wire and adjustment of the stoplight switch