Brake lights won’t work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I can't remember exactly what that ground being bad caused but it was along the lines of blinker indicator being fast , a stuck on brake light or one that wouldn't come on. I removed bolt hit the frame with a wire brush, put a new ring terminal, and put it back together. That ground has to be good for the tail lights to work properly.
Well I cleaned it up pretty damn good if u look in photos. Same issue but yeah look at my corner lights that’s with blinker on but yeah it blinks rapidly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Think you chasing multiple issues. Starter solenoids can short to ground and kill a battery,fusible links have been mentioned, is the alt charging at 14.4 v etc. A bad alt. will smoke a battery etc. It time to dig and check stuff.
Haha yeah unfortunately I’m knee deep in the issue now but I have ruled out headlight switch, ground wire and I was able to clean the dimmer switch up and my dash lights now work so that’s nice.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha yeah unfortunately I’m knee deep in the issue now but I have ruled out headlight switch, ground wire and I was able to clean the dimmer switch up and my dash lights now work so that’s nice.
Doesn't mean much if it doesn't start lol

Reaction score
Think you chasing multiple issues. Starter solenoids can short to ground and kill a battery,fusible links have been mentioned, is the alt charging at 14.4 v etc. A bad alt. will smoke a battery etc. It time to dig and check stuff.
I’m lookin under by brake pedal it looks like this. What’s the brake switch? Something to note is when I bought the truck either the back driver brake drum was froze or e brake was stuck cuz the guy went to pull the e brake again after possibly freeing the drum even though imo it’s possible the hole time the guy had the e brake on. The e brake cable snapped. Here it’s hanging and here’s the end

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 9

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I cleaned it up pretty damn good if u look in photos. Same issue but yeah look at my corner lights that’s with blinker on but yeah it blinks rapidly

Ignore the side marker for second...
The amber light should have 2 main bulbs lit with parking lights on, and 2 bright bulbs lit with the turn signals flashing. Your pic shows 1 amber light, not sure if that's parking light or t-signal.
That 1 bulb will cause hyperflash. Fix that first.

Next, the side marker will flash with turn signals during the day, and alternate the signals with the lights on. It will NOT affect hyperflash.