92 GMC Yukon: Need new Radio/Stereo that can FIT??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryKing

Reaction score
Hi,
These Yukons had a separate radio/amp under the dash and a Control Head that is the user interface. That unit is not very deep, and typical "Car Radio Size" units are way too deep to fit.

Has anyone found a good aftermarket Radio/Stereo that will fit in this beast?? My OEM unit is WayDead...

Thanks!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There is no direct replacement. However, almost everyone has installed a regular single DIN (in other words a normal sized aftermarket unit) into the center of the dash using an install kit, harness adapter, and antenna adapter. There's probably about 50 threads about it on this website alone.

To save me from searching on a really common topic, here's an oooooold post on Chevytalk -> http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/204705

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah; that's the unit that was in my black '94 quite some time ago, DEH-7800MP. I had a bad subwoofer amp take out the internal fuse (?) for the RCA's so it started that really annoying engine-sound whining, would go away if I touched a ground to the RCA's. I had always meant to open it up and fix it, or send it off, but never got around to it. Later when a g/f at the time had the throwdown stereo I installed in her truck crap out, I swapped it in there hooked direct to the speakers just so she'd have something to listen to. Kinda wish I hadn't let that one go. The stereo, that is. :)

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know what you mean about wishing you hadn't let a Pioneer go. I had a DEH-P8600MP in my '93 Maxima before I sold it, left it in there because I didn't have the foresight to save my factory radio from that vehicle. I figured I could sell it easier if it had a working stereo and that was all I had at the time. Looking back I wish I would have just gone to Wal-Mart and bought the cheapest head unit I could to put in there, I miss that Pioneer. On the bright side though that stupid decision led me to the 880PRS units I have now, which I'm extremely happy with.

EDIT - I'll pretend to be back on topic here for a second. To the OP, if you're curious what will fit in the dash you can shop around on crutchfield.com. If you put in your vehicle information their site can tell you which head units you have clearance for.

Last edited: