92 gauge cluster with tach.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Me an the ol lady took the truck down a few back roads earlier an I floored it at a dead stop an the speedo jumped up to about 55. I was prolly doing 70 or so. As I decreased in speed it jus dropped so I smashed again same thing. Could it not be getting enough power?? My mileage counter started working too. Oil pressure worked like normal as well. Any ideas?

Sounds like a bad wire or a ground that responds to hard jolts like beating the piss out of it on a dirt road.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Not sure but check for loose grounding straps
All over. Body under hood behind dash. Pita but worth it. If you can get wiring diagrams that would help immensely. C2 has Mitchell on demand. Grease his palms a bit he might send em to ya. Does anything else act up? Normally there are a couple things tied into a single ground. Like they will screw to the dash supports and the support has a strap to the body body to frame straps etc

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Only thing I've noticed is the oil pressure, speedo, and mileage counter

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Only thing I've noticed is the oil pressure, speedo, and mileage counter

Could just be a bad cluster. I have never had trouble but get a different cluster and see if it makes a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Me an the ol lady took the truck down a few back roads earlier an I floored it at a dead stop an the speedo jumped up to about 55. I was prolly doing 70 or so. As I decreased in speed it jus dropped so I smashed again same thing. Could it not be getting enough power?? My mileage counter started working too. Oil pressure worked like normal as well. Any ideas?

Something touching/seperating somewhere, when you floored it the truck shifted enough to touch contacts together and bring everything back to life.. That's my .02 on it :D

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Prolly gonna order one off eBay. Local yards don't have any for my truck. I crawled all under the dash an couldn't find any loose grounds

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Something touching/seperating somewhere, when you floored it the truck shifted enough to touch contacts together and bring everything back to life.. That's my .02 on it :D

I will soundly second this opinion. Jolt the truck enough to touch whatever is loose to what it should be touching. If there are no loose grounds then it has to be something in the cluster itself. I can't imagine having 6-7 sensors all messed up at the same time unless your truck got hit by lightning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I wouldn't say sensors. No engine light on or nothing. Everything is normal other than the guages. I've check what grounds I could find an they seemed ok

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I checked for codes anyways an got 24 which is vehicle speed sensor. Not sure how it affects the mileage counter an oil pressure