Led gauge bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Has anyone put led lights in there gauge cluster and them work. Mine just flicker on and off and go dim and bright. Done bought two sets and same result. Put the old bulbs back in and they work fine. Any advice would be appreciated.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have ebay red led's in my '96 gauge cluster. Ive had them that way for over a year with no problems. Only other thing I had to change for them to work was the bulb sockets - T10 168 twist bulb sockets. This is for 96 and up. Not sure about earlier years.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a spare early moonie gauge cluster that I rehabbed for Roscoe, and I built a test fixture so I could power it up for testing. You can replace the lighting bulbs and some of the warning bulbs with LEDs, but the alternator bulb and a few others must remain incandescent.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I rebuilt my moonie gauge cluster, I just replaced all of the bulbs with theses:

www.amazon.com/dp/B08VS52KCG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I haven't had any issues yet, though I did add and extra ground wire from the back of the cluster to the metal bracing for the dash. I also re-soldered the point where the metal back plate meets the circuit board, as the contact there didn't seem that great.

MarKist

Reaction score
I have LED’s in my cluster’s 91&96. No issues, the 91 had green factory backing so I took it all apart and sanded the green off down to the white and installed the blue LED’s and it’s all blue now, been that way since 2011 no problems!

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but the alternator bulb and a few others must remain incandescent.
I didnt know that until i built my new cluster. Its rhett assing now i cant find a 12mm to match the rest. (Parkg brake & alternator) were the two that wont function properly