92 gauge cluster with tach.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I checked for codes anyways an got 24 which is vehicle speed sensor. Not sure how it affects the mileage counter an oil pressure

The cluster uses the vss to run the speedometer. It also runs the odometer through a small electric motor from the css signal.

No effect on the oil pressure.

The vss is also used for transmission shift scheduling and cruise control.

I was thinking vss when you first mentioned speedo/odo and a coincidental oil pressure sender fail, but you don't mention any problems with shifting or cruise so i didn't want to send you down the wrong path.

However, in light of this new info, it might be part of your issue.

Does it shift oddly or have no cruise control?

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Never tried the cruise control. Sometimes it seems like it runs the rpms up before it shifts finally. Doesn't shift hard or anything. I did notice when I hammer down to get it to kickdown I have to literally put it to the floor.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Sounds more and more like the VSS and perhaps an oil pressure sender is U/S.....symptoms are consistent with a VSS being bad....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Yup, pull it out of the case, unplug it, reverse to install.

Probably around 50 bucks for the part.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Just looked at your dash pic again.

Oil pressure senders usually fail towards "0" not over the top.

The oil gauge stepper motor may be dead.

Or: have you had the cluster out of the dash lately? Sometimes they go around the limit if set down the wrong way...

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I took it out after it started doing what it's doing yo clean the connection on it