91 Z71 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AC bypass pulley & belt tensioner installed. Taped original AC lines off to the side for now. Not the cleanest but will do until I decide if I want to get the AC working again.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As mentioned before I ordered the powermaster alternator from summit. Originally I was going to order the 200amp from NPD which was advertised in their catalog for $250, but online it was $360 so bailed on that. Went with the 140 AMP, free shipping and it arrived in 1 day. Was really impressed!

You must be registered for see images attach

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mounting bracket hole in the back doesn't line up. Turns out I have to "clock" the alternator myself. A little disappointed but after watching some videos of it online, it doesn't look to hateful. Need to get some tools first so this will be on hold for a bit while I gear up.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little side project. Took out the battery, through it on a trickle charger. Stock battery tray was horrible looking so took that out to clean it up. The bolts for this run through the wheel well and will give you a work out!

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
AC bypass pulley & belt tensioner installed. Taped original AC lines off to the side for now. Not the cleanest but will do until I decide if I want to get the AC working again.

AC work is fairly easy. As long as the electrical is good. Been doing my own AC repairs for years.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Used a wire brush, bare metal primer and black rustolem. Battery covers up most of it so didn't put too much love into it.

This week I'm hoping to get the alternator clocked and bolted in, put the new belt back on, and install the new air cleaner i picked up.

TBC...

Last edited:

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alrighty then...
Clocked the alternator (thanks youtube) - was a little scary using an air impact on the pulley and a dead blow to loosen the case, but it worked like a charm and only took a few minutes!

Reinstalled ALT, belt, battery tray, torked everything down, spray painted the rusted under hood engine light and put new bulb in.

Next was installing the new air cleaner...

Last edited:

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was the 14x4 inch summit racing air cleaner. Really happy with how things underhood have buttoned up so far!