91 RCLB Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just noticed you said you had rubber floors so disregard my question about saving the carpet.
Definitely going to take the cowl apart and try to clean/unclog anything I can.
Will also try to get a peek at the floor pan but have a feeling my OCD will kick in...

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Thanks Derek!
Awesome advise about the firewall seal. Did you trash the carpet after pulling it up or was it salvageable?
The weather stripping on both doors looks bad too.
God i hope the floor pan is ok, floor was wet too.
Wasn't ready to gut the interior yet but looks like the sooner the better!

I plan to trash all of it, yes. Actively searching.. "treasure yard" inventories for possible donors. At the time I discovered that problem, I wasn't prepared to deal with it as I was actually in the middle of painting my roof and repairing rust where the windshield sits as well as having a rear window with defrost swapped into my truck. So I cleaned up the flakey stuff where I could pull back the rubber and then hosed it with Fluid Film to after letting it air dry for almost a week.

If you want to test the weather stripping on the doors, just sit inside the truck while someone hoses water on the roof near the stripping, you'll see the leak readily if there is one.