Hello from Ontario

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwc55

Reaction score
Hello folks
In the midst of a restoration on our deceased sons pride and joy. Its a 91 Silverado K1500, RCSB stepside. Slowly putting it back together using a lot of the parts that he had collected and some newer additions that I'm sure he would approve of. I'll be checking in here regularly to see what help i can find. Looks like a great place to get info and meet some great like minded people.
Cheers
Jim

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sorry for you loss, I know how it is, we lost our oldest son, in 2015. You will find this forum, very helpful, with a ton of knowledge on these old trucks, and grate people here too.

jwc55

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sorry for you loss, I know how it is, we lost our oldest son, in 2015. You will find this forum, very helpful, with a ton of knowledge on these old trucks, and grate people here too.
Thanks Kennythewelder. My condolences to you as well, it's not a club that anyone wants to belong to. But restoring "the stepside" will keep his memory alive.

jwc55

Reaction score
Welcome, nice project, we like pics.
I don't have a lot of good pics, but here is what we started with and a few showing some progress on the body. The truck basically needs everything, but we're getting there.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2738 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2738 - Copy.JPG
    309.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2757.JPG
    IMG_2757.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 12

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome: Sorry for your loss!

Looks like a great project - are you sure it's a 91 and not an 89? those headlights, and maybe the dash, scream 89, unless he/you swapped the composite headlights for quad sealed beams (88-89 only). The 88 had a black dash and switches while 89 - 91 was gray. Either way, enjoy and, if there's anything we can do to help, feel free to ask! ;)

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello folks
In the midst of a restoration on our deceased sons pride and joy. Its a 91 Silverado K1500, RCSB stepside. Slowly putting it back together using a lot of the parts that he had collected and some newer additions that I'm sure he would approve of. I'll be checking in here regularly to see what help i can find. Looks like a great place to get info and meet some great like minded people.
Cheers
Jim
Hello and welcome from Muskoka.

jwc55

Reaction score
:welcome: Sorry for your loss!

Looks like a great project - are you sure it's a 91 and not an 89? those headlights, and maybe the dash, scream 89, unless he/you swapped the composite headlights for quad sealed beams (88-89 only). The 88 had a black dash and switches while 89 - 91 was gray. Either way, enjoy and, if there's anything we can do to help, feel free to ask! ;)
Thanks for the warm welcome Peter. It is a 91 silverado for sure and it has always had the quad lights. I did buy an 89 GMC for parts and the grill that is in the pics is out of the gmc. I have thought about switching to the composite lights but that would require different sockets etc. Anyways it is what it is :) Thanks again.