88 regular cab short bed, bagged 22 s .... Gonna need a lot of help probably

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know mine will need to be cuz it rubs like crazy on the gas tank crossmember haha and it aint even done yet

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
i know mine will need to be cuz it rubs like crazy on the gas tank crossmember haha and it aint even done yet

the driveshaft rubs on the crossmember? have you notched the crossmember yet?

wait i remember you talkin about that i think. youres is notched then rigth?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry so late on the reply, but yeah.. Thats all i did.. But if im not mistaken, just using the MOOG ball joints will prevent lock up. The MOOGs have the front and back of the socket that the joint sits in notched, to allow the joint to go in and out allot more than the other brands.. I don't think you can make a MOOG joint lock.. Unless your trien to lay on 26s or something with factory arms lol... And on the tank member rubbing, i would think it could.. lol, mine comes really close with the 18s.. so a bigger rim/tire i can see a problem with rubbing. Seen some builds where guys would do the 2x2 across the top of the frame and add a short piece of 2x2 on top of that where the drive shaft is, and they notch the lower 2x2 over the shaft.. Simple and effective..lol What if ya did something like that?

**EDIT** I just read this and noticed i use "lol" way too much.. :lol:

Reaction score
Also, if you wanna get allot more drop in the front with the factory arms.. If you dehump and still need a little more, take on the cab side of the bag pocket area.. cut a straight line across the front of the frame about six or seven inches going along the bottom edge, and from the pocket again, go about a half inch above that cut with another cut going from the half inch down to nothing at the end of the previous cut. Jack the control arm up and when it hits the frame there. keep jacking slowly, the gap will close up.. weld it while its closed and youll see the lower arm goes allot higher now :) Stole the idea from another site..lol, but it works awesome. All i did was this and not dehump my arms and i can lay a 20... Maybe even bigger if i cut my cups.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, if you wanna get allot more drop in the front with the factory arms.. If you dehump and still need a little more, take on the cab side of the bag pocket area.. cut a straight line across the front of the frame about six or seven inches going along the bottom edge, and from the pocket again, go about a half inch above that cut with another cut going from the half inch down to nothing at the end of the previous cut. Jack the control arm up and when it hits the frame there. keep jacking slowly, the gap will close up.. weld it while its closed and youll see the lower arm goes allot higher now :) Stole the idea from another site..lol, but it works awesome. All i did was this and not dehump my arms and i can lay a 20... Maybe even bigger if i cut my cups.

Yes this way work's great!

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry so late on the reply, but yeah.. Thats all i did.. But if im not mistaken, just using the MOOG ball joints will prevent lock up. The MOOGs have the front and back of the socket that the joint sits in notched, to allow the joint to go in and out allot more than the other brands.. I don't think you can make a MOOG joint lock.. Unless your trien to lay on 26s or something with factory arms lol... And on the tank member rubbing, i would think it could.. lol, mine comes really close with the 18s.. so a bigger rim/tire i can see a problem with rubbing. Seen some builds where guys would do the 2x2 across the top of the frame and add a short piece of 2x2 on top of that where the drive shaft is, and they notch the lower 2x2 over the shaft.. Simple and effective..lol What if ya did something like that?

**EDIT** I just read this and noticed i use "lol" way too much.. :lol:

lol yeah i say lol too much i think too, "haha" but i would do the 2x2 but with the way the guy did my rearend it is mounted to the crossmember haha, and about the dehumping, i did dehump them and hope that i dont have to cut on the frame like your sayin but we will see....

Reaction score
Yeah, unless you get some custom arms.. On the crossmember, a 2x2 fits inside of it.. Just put about a three foot piece inside it centered, then maybe a two footer on top.. then cut out the lower section up to the top 2x2.. Wouldn't that work?:hmm:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, unless you get some custom arms.. On the crossmember, a 2x2 fits inside of it.. Just put about a three foot piece inside it centered, then maybe a two footer on top.. then cut out the lower section up to the top 2x2.. Wouldn't that work?:hmm:
That would work great!

Reaction score
Deviouscustoms has a pick of one they did like that but there site is under construction..

Last edited: