88 regular cab short bed, bagged 22 s .... Gonna need a lot of help probably

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
X3!!! and pics look great man!
This is where i cut the arms, i circled the cuts in yellow and drew a purple line on the cuts lol...
You must be registered for see images attach

I did mine like this cause i seen it done on a few threads, but allot of people cut really close to the ball joint. I don't like that so i did it where the arms have that flat area where they come down then out.. Seems less likely to ever be a problem being a smaller cut and not up against the balljoint. IMO

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X3!!! and pics look great man!
This is where i cut the arms, i circled the cuts in yellow and drew a purple line on the cuts lol...
You must be registered for see images attach

I did mine like this cause i seen it done on a few threads, but allot of people cut really close to the ball joint. I don't like that so i did it where the arms have that flat area where they come down then out.. Seems less likely to ever be a problem being a smaller cut and not up against the balljoint. IMO
I would do it like that,but I'd like to try to add a small gusset perependicular to the cut right across the top so that flexing of the arm wouldn't possibly cause a crack or break.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so all you did was take a side grinder and cut a slit or pie cut? on each side and layed it out? then welded it while it was down or does it stay in place when you jack it up to allow you to weld it?

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nothing really done with the truck lately besides ma and my dad moved in in my shop to a different spot so now its sittin 6" off the ground so it looks like something got done haha but i can still have it in the shop and the dmax at the same time and work on them both so im happy, my cuz is coming over this next week to help me do some more welding and hes done several of our body style trucks so it shouldnt take him not time and then hopefully the truck will be driveable....oh yeah gotta get my tranny in too haha, anybody got an idea how much i need to shorten my driveshaft? cant remember if i asked this before or not

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know on several of these truck's I have seen bagged they didn't need the driveshaft shortened at all.