88 GMC Trail/DD Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today I finished up the knuckles on the 60. Got my trans back. Shot it with a healthy coat of paint. I see a trend. Satin black body, Gloss black frame, suspension and drivetrain, Chevy Orange accents. All started with painting crucial things like the oil pan and trans pan orange so they were really visible offroad to avoid coming down on rocks with them. Now it's a theme.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly I can't wait to start beating on it. No problems scratching paint lol.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Honestly I can't wait to start beating on it. No problems scratching paint lol.

Yea it's just a pet peeve I have. I spend all this time building something and making it look nice then the first time out I'm really easy on it. Then by the second time I'm like f it lol

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya but as previously stated, I am from upstate NY where road salt makes it impossible for your truck to ever look like did rolling out of the shop. Def sucks. Stuff rusts and pits real quick up here. It helps that I never intended the truck to be a show truck. It's rough looking, body damage all over, flat and faded out paint. What she is is a Plain Jane truck that you'd never really expect to be anything but just another beater until you take a closer look.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update...
Well the Hillbilly Hotrod has logged more miles on a rollback lately than driving but SHE IS BACK, up and running like a beast. Also got some done on the new frame. It's coming but not quickly.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. You'd prob think different if you saw it in person. She's got a lot of "character" and isn't winning any beauty pageants any time soon lol.