88-98 HI-4 Headlight relay kit NEW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
Hey, not to downfire your business, but just so everyone knows, this kit should ONLY be used for composite headlight assemblies. Sealed beam units should NOT run both filaments at the same time due to excessive heat build-up and potential meltdown of the headlight socket. This is just an FYI, if I had any composite headlight vehicles with separate Hi and Lo bulbs, I'd be all over these kits.

Oh Really, I've been installing relays on my trucks for years and never had a problem. I installed 3 relays in the 4 sealed beam system on my old 89, 1 to switch the lows on and 1 to switch the highs on and 1 to switch the 4 hi. never had any problems and my lights all had 12.5 +volts at the sockets.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh Really, I've been installing relays on my trucks for years and never had a problem. I installed 3 relays in the 4 sealed beam system on my old 89, 1 to switch the lows on and 1 to switch the highs on and 1 to switch the 4 hi. never had any problems and my lights all had 12.5 +volts at the sockets.

I believe what Mobs was reffering to, is the single sealed beam W/T set up. Where ther is one sealed beam that contains a dual filament. But If you have the 4 sealed beam headlights (in the 88-89 trucks) then it is perfectly safe to run a 4 hi set up with them! :handshake:

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
My mistake it did say dual filament. Heres a pic of my 92 with bone yard relay and fuse deal.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed mine but want to change the highs before posting pics...Awesome upgrade a must really... easy install with step by step instructions. Thanks again Baron your the man!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
It'll virtually work on any system where the normal Hi beam runs separate of the Lo beam. Minus ofcourse the dual-filament systems.