88-98 HI-4 Headlight relay kit NEW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta change to lo-pro fogs cuz the rallye lights hang about a half inch below valance and I plan to barely scrape valance when I hit a dip going down the highway....well, it depends on if I use the SS valance or not. Anyways, GLWS!!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Mean Green, I have a 4-Hi kit, but, is it possible to run the 9004's, & 9005's? That way I would have 4 high beams, instead of 2 low, & 2 High. Would this require a specific harness mod? If so, could you make it? What is required to make the 9004's fit the light housings? Thanks.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the mounting portion of the 9004 vs the 9005 but I do know the pig tails for the high and low are different. On that part all you have have to do is change out the low pig tails for the high ones.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't too clear. As the 9004's are a dual element, they would give me a normal low-beam, but when I go to Hi, the 4 lights would ALL be Hi-beams. I would think (from a 'non-electrical' guy's point of view) that I would need a pigtail that would support both low & Hi-beams, on the 9004's. A pigtail from a vehicle that uses two headlights, instead of the 4 that mine has ('98) may work, but I am kind of confused as how to wire up something like this.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't too clear. As the 9004's are a dual element, they would give me a normal low-beam, but when I go to Hi, the 4 lights would ALL be Hi-beams. I would think (from a 'non-electrical' guy's point of view) that I would need a pigtail that would support both low & Hi-beams, on the 9004's. A pigtail from a vehicle that uses two headlights, instead of the 4 that mine has ('98) may work, but I am kind of confused as how to wire up something like this.

I know how to make the conversion harness for it, but I'm not sure on how to adapt the headlight housing to fit the 9004 but i do know it has been done. The way the harness I would build you would work as fallows; you would mount the 9004's in the spot where the 9006's are now. So when you had your lows on, the 9004 would be on low, and when switched to high beams, the 9004's would go to high beams as well as the 9005 OEM high beams. The harness would have a few relays in and I could make it pretty much completely plug and play as well! Let me know your thoughts!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's exactly what I wanted to know. Really interested in doing this. Let me figure out what the mounting differences are between the 9004's & 9005's are, & what it'll take to make 'em fit. Off to the wre...(oops) 'Auto Recyclers', right now. I'll report later tonight. Thanks!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Did you ever find any more information out about the 9004 conversion Sewlow58?

Haven't had a chance. Just finishing a project, & been posting when I run in the house for something to eat. I'll be working on my truck tomorrow afternoon, after I clean the shop & do a dump run. This ^^^ is on my list. I'll let you know what I can figure out.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
O.K. Played with this for a while tonight. The 9004 is obviously a bigger bulb, so I had to hog out the opening a bit to get the 9004 into the 9006 housing. But the 9004 is also longer from the mounting base to the end of the filament. The light housing that I'm testing this on, is the original one from my '98. It's really fogged. Couldn't see how close the filament ends were to the inside of the housing.
With all the removal & test fitting of the 9004, I guess that I weakened the bulb's internals. The last time I went to pull it out, so that I could polish the lens, I broke off the bulb in the housing, then broke the housing pulling the broken parts out!
Start again! I'll mess with it Sunday.