88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

therealtor1

Reaction score
Just wanted to come back and post some pics now that I got my 60/40 swapped out with a set of buckets out of 91'/92' (couldn't tell the exact year) regular cab. They were in pretty good shape for their age and I just put a pair of seat covers on them anyway (although I may actually get them re-up'd when I have some more time). Went fairly smooth thanks to all the info you guys have posted in here. The fact that I just have the rubber mat flooring was nice, making it easy to line up holes, etc... I really ended up only drilling (1) hole for the front/inside, drivers side mount.

For the passenger side I just did a complete swap of the mounting/sliding mechanism & risers from the "40", and it bolted right up to the bucket seat (and of course bolted right back into the original holes in the floorboard).

For the drivers side I just left the seat factory as it was right out of the 91'/92' being I have the plastic cover pieces that go over the "outside" seat riser, and once I figure out what center console I want to drop in, I don't think you'll even be able to see the "inside" seat riser, so that fact that it was a slightly darker shade of gray, to me was minor. You'll see in the pics that there was actually already a bolt, from the factory, in place right where the drivers side seat, "inside rear mount" bolted up, thus requiring only the 1 hole to be drilled for the front of that mount. I just used the factory bolt (which is an M10 x 1.50, 15mm head).

Thanks again for all the info you guys have compiled in here, really made the swap painless.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 60/40 I just picked up from Pull-A-PArt for $50. Wanted the option to seat 3, but hated my bench. Get some leather on there and clean/paint the frames should look good in my reg cab.
You must be registered for see images

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
My 60/40 I just picked up from Pull-A-PArt for $50. Wanted the option to seat 3, but hated my bench. Get some leather on there and clean/paint the frames should look good in my reg cab.

Pretty good deal. I paid 100 for mine...

Sent from a rotary payphone

1badcj8

Reaction score
These look quite a bit thicker than a standard bench seat. How much difference is there?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Mine came out of a ext cab...and they don't fit. See how your middle bracket makes your driver seat lean, mine sits level straight across. Back on the hunt for new bracket or 60/40 out of a reg cab.

You have to modify the inner seat mounting rail foot to make x cab brackets work in a reg cab. The 60/40 in my dually was out of a '96 x cab.