88-94 vs. 95-98 Interior Debate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I've never really had experience with 88 94 interiors driving wise. But I'm that teen that sits in the trucks at the yard. It gives the vibe of a retrofitted square body. That's my opinion. I can't complain about mine I have zero cracks. Not a perfect pic but. I have a slight tear on my seat thats it although i like the 96 better because of the cubby at the passanger air bag location.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I actually love all the gimmicky dashes and such. I also love the moon gauges, so apparently, I'm weird.

I think the C4 tachometer is friggin' genius with the HP curve overlayed on top of it. Every tack should have that. :)

I thought that C4 dash was the coolest thing when it came out. I remember the later Datsun 280ZXs had digital dashes, but this took it to whole different level. Technology was just taking off and Chevy stepped it up with the digital LCD look. It may look a lot dated today, but at the time it was futuristic looking to me.
Check out one of the cleanest C4's around.. 6K miles! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-chevrolet-corvette-coupe-13

Richard

Ruff Idol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My only real beef, and I imagine this is the same as the earlier interior, is that the passenger floor has a definite slope from the transmission hump down to the door. You can feel it when you sit in the passenger seat. Anything that falls on the floor immediately rolls up against the door. I smashed a perfectly good jar of pickles when I opened the passenger door and the jar rolled out onto the driveway. lol.
If you have 2wd, just drive it long enough solo that the driver side coil spring is forever sagged and that will even out the issue :Big Laugh: