85 Prelude Resurrection Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Accord head and intake, I can bolt on a single Weber carb. The Prelude head has a different pattern of studs for its own intake. A custom intake with twin Chinese knockoff Webers would’ve been $918. I’m not racing this thing so an Accord head, intake and genuine Weber carb for $500 was more reasonable.
Makes sense.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh how this makes me miss my '86 Si Lude. It was also red. A20A3 with a 5 speed. It ran awfully and the shifter was looser than a spaghetti noodle in a pool floatie, but it was such a neat car. Nobody really recognized what it was since they're not common at all down where I'm at. I regret selling it and wish I could find another for even remotely as good of a deal as I bought mine for. I bought it back in 2017 for $250. I got it running and threw some EK Civic HX wheels I had on it which are made by Enkei and it looked pretty good. I'll have to see if I can find a couple pics of it.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh how this makes me miss my '86 Si Lude. It was also red. A20A3 with a 5 speed. It ran awfully and the shifter was looser than a spaghetti noodle in a pool floatie, but it was such a neat car. Nobody really recognized what it was since they're not common at all down where I'm at. I regret selling it and wish I could find another for even remotely as good of a deal as I bought mine for. I bought it back in 2017 for $250. I got it running and threw some EK Civic HX wheels I had on it which are made by Enkei and it looked pretty good. I'll have to see if I can find a couple pics of it.
The A20A3 blessed you with the simplicity of fuel injection rather than the spaghetti I have. You should’ve kept it! Let’s see some pictures. I have only seen two 2nd-3rd gen Ludes in my area including mine! Automatics are even rarer. I can’t remember if the hood still opened backwards in 86…Might have been an 84-85 thing.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran out of time today to pull the head so I did a quick test fit of the adapter plates and carb on the Accord intake. Here’s the beauty next to the spaghetti from Hell.
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get yours through Redline?
I bought my intake and carbs about twenty years ago from another RX-7 guy I autocrossed against. He swapped up to a 13B peripheral port motor and a 52mm Weber IDA, if I remember right. He took it to the SCCA Nationals and one of the rotor bearings walked out on his first run, ruining the engine. He retired the car after that and focused on the new shop he was opening.

I bolted the intake and carbs onto my half-bridgeported 12A. The inner primary barrels fed the mild street ports (think street/strip cam), but once you got above 3000 rpm you could floor it and the outer secondary barrels fed the race ports (full race cam). Poor man's VTEC.

Edit: My intake is from Rotary Engineering. The were already long gone when I got the manifold.

Last edited:

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not a B series swap? B20 hybrid FTW.
I was unfamiliar with the older Hondas when I started and wanted a direct bolt on. I paid extra for an A18/ET2 out of an 84 Lude when I could’ve gotten an A20 for $100 less had I known it would be a direct fit and I’d be putting the top end on my A18.