77Conours's 1997 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice find on that beauty!

Just a bit of info, I'm not trying to be an a-hole, but pretty much any other website will have better prices than LMC. I have ordered the same things from LMC and other places, and have not found different quality (unless it's coming directly from China on Ebay). I've bought outside window seals, bumpers, grills, door handles (inner and outer), carpet, head and tail lights, etc. I highly suggest check Rockauto for anything you may need first. Rock auto is so cheap because they don't do walk in retail, so they can cut costs on the staffing. Just a tip. Also, I don't know who the go-to automotive replacement carpet people are these days, but I've bought a few from LMC and almost always have my uncle come in and alter (cut and sew) them because they fit like crap. Now, before I catch crap, I know that there are some things that are just easier to buy on LMC instead of spending a ton of time trying to find it elsewhere (fasteners, clips, etc).

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice find on that beauty!

Just a bit of info, I'm not trying to be an a-hole, but pretty much any other website will have better prices than LMC. I have ordered the same things from LMC and other places, and have not found different quality (unless it's coming directly from China on Ebay). I've bought outside window seals, bumpers, grills, door handles (inner and outer), carpet, head and tail lights, etc. I highly suggest check Rockauto for anything you may need first. Rock auto is so cheap because they don't do walk in retail, so they can cut costs on the staffing. Just a tip. Also, I don't know who the go-to automotive replacement carpet people are these days, but I've bought a few from LMC and almost always have my uncle come in and alter (cut and sew) them because they fit like crap. Now, before I catch crap, I know that there are some things that are just easier to buy on LMC instead of spending a ton of time trying to find it elsewhere (fasteners, clips, etc).

Appreciate the info! Trust me, things like bumpers, roll pans, headlight housings, etc. have been found other places aside from LMC. I don’t intend to order everything from there but appreciate I’m getting GM parts. Tailgate banner is offered through LMC and will be ordered through them for sure.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So today I went to my step-cousins house (odd I know) where he was installing a leveling kit on my uncle’s 2018 Silverado (also red). He drooled over my truck, he has had 6 400’s. His current ride is a 1999 K2500 QCSB. Pewter with leather interior. Gorgeous! Super small dents here and there and only bumper rust. Told him he could have the rear bumper off my truck once I get a roll pan.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pep Boys score tonight! A very worn older looking box of APC euro corners. Went in looking for a leveling kit and grabbed these as fast as I could. Tax return should be back this week so I started getting lists of parts for the restoration. Also got my Escalade door handles installed but ordered the wrong trim from LMC. So I’ll get pictures of those once the new trim comes in.

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered the big ass AVS Aerovisors yesterday. Were $95 everywhere but got them from Advance Auto for $76 after 25% off with free shipping :cool:. Also scored an old school Westin grill guard for $40 off of Facebook marketplace. Going to pick that up tomorrow!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
This truck is gonna look kick ass man! Love the direction your going with it! :D

IMO I'd keep all the accessories on there, except the grille inserts. :)

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya know, you could always help the rest of us Mopar fans out with a shot of your Charger, in the background of the 400 of course!

I'm a Charger driving prison guard too. I have less than 28 months until retirement. At that point mpg won't be a concern, so I'll hand down my current Charger to my son and replace it with a one much bigger! Right now I drive 100 miles a day and gas averages 70 cents above national average. I bought my '17 Charger new and in 14 months I already have 37K on it. That'll put me over 100K when I retire, and hopefully by then the much whispered about Charger Angel will be out! I could definitely enjoy retirement in style driving around 1000 HP!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive! Since those photos were taken the car has been fully debadged. Goes in on Monday to have the hood, roof, and trunk stripe vinyl removed. It’s going to be a sleeper. Glad to see there’s another CO on here. I work at a county prison in the booking center. Was nights for 2 years but made the shift and department jump with a buddy about 2 months ago. Hate second shift, but I’ve been able to sleep and I’ve lost weight from eating better. I could tell stories for days about what I’ve seen come off the streets.

Ya know, you could always help the rest of us Mopar fans out with a shot of your Charger, in the background of the 400 of course!

I'm a Charger driving prison guard too. I have less than 28 months until retirement. At that point mpg won't be a concern, so I'll hand down my current Charger to my son and replace it with a one much bigger! Right now I drive 100 miles a day and gas averages 70 cents above national average. I bought my '17 Charger new and in 14 months I already have 37K on it. That'll put me over 100K when I retire, and hopefully by then the much whispered about Charger Angel will be out! I could definitely enjoy retirement in style driving around 1000 HP!