77Conours's 1997 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I find all kinds of **** on Marketplace for dirt cheap; and then I have to talk myself out of going and buying said dirt cheap items.
Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this; any plan for a lift kit?

I’ve been a tight ass with money lately. But I feel your pain. Offered the guy $150 for the wheels and he accepted. So saturday I’ll be picking those up. Not bad for $30 a wheel. As far as a lift goes I was going to do the Rough Country 3” but might wait and do a 6”.

Truck passed PA inspection and emissions and runs a million times better with a tune up. I’ll try to get some pictures in here at some point. Just been busy with 2 jobs.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I’ve been a tight ass with money lately. But I feel your pain. Offered the guy $150 for the wheels and he accepted. So saturday I’ll be picking those up. Not bad for $30 a wheel. As far as a lift goes I was going to do the Rough Country 3” but might wait and do a 6”.

Truck passed PA inspection and emissions and runs a million times better with a tune up. I’ll try to get some pictures in here at some point. Just been busy with 2 jobs.
i vote 6"

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here, just so I can say I uploaded a picture of something. Not sure what to take a picture of since I haven't done anything to it lol.

Centerline Hellcat wheels, build date of 7/24/00. Looking for somewhere local to get them polished and then ceramic coated. Out of the 5 one is going to need a center cap replaced since someone screwed a Philips head screw in place of the original hardware. These should look good on some white letter BFG's.

You must be registered for see images attach

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Here, just so I can say I uploaded a picture of something. Not sure what to take a picture of since I haven't done anything to it lol.

Centerline Hellcat wheels, build date of 7/24/00. Looking for somewhere local to get them polished and then ceramic coated. Out of the 5 one is going to need a center cap replaced since someone screwed a Philips head screw in place of the original hardware. These should look good on some white letter BFG's.

they need some love but i agree

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mopar to ya. Mopar nut myself, kickin it old skool with 67 and 69 barracudas. I love these GMT400s though. Owned my 94 since new. Shes a member of the family. Been off this forum for months maybe a year even. Getting back into it though now that winters here. Nice truck you got. The new stuff on the dealer lots is just plain junk no matter who makes it. I like stuff i can actually troubleshoot and repair. GMT400s are awesome trucks.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mopar to ya. Mopar nut myself, kickin it old skool with 67 and 69 barracudas. I love these GMT400s though. Owned my 94 since new. Shes a member of the family. Been off this forum for months maybe a year even. Getting back into it though now that winters here. Nice truck you got. The new stuff on the dealer lots is just plain junk no matter who makes it. I like stuff i can actually troubleshoot and repair. GMT400s are awesome trucks.

Love the first generation of Barracudas. I’m on my second Mopar now. I’ll upload a picture at some point for ya. Buddy of mine has a ‘72 Challenger (if the time is right in 2 years it’ll be mine) and a ‘70 cuda with a 440 six pack. Driven both and loved them, but in comparison to my 392 with a blower that 440 was a dog haha. I agree, the CK trucks are timeless looking. I could have bought a newer truck but there’s something about these trucks I love.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep i love the 67-72 chevy trucks, used to own a 71 C/10 custom years ago. 350, muncie M21, 12 bolt w 4.11s. It was pretty bad ass. then it skips a generation to the 88-98. 73-87 i couldent stand. I lived back in the northeast and those 73-87 trucks couldent hack it through the winters. If you had one that was 5-10 years old they were so rusty that **** was falling off em. I call em the rot bucket years.

Incidentally the 67-69 barracuda were second generation. First gen was 64-66 basically a valiant fastback. They redesigned em for 67 to get away from the stodgy valiant economy car roots and then offered em in coupe, vert, and fastback to entice more buyers. Also widened the engine compartment so the 383 and 440 big blocks would fit.

I just stopped at my Chevy dealer yesterday and bought a new repl grille for mine. They sell me stuff at jobber rate. Double the price of an aftermarket one, still cheaper than retail. At 25 years old it had some rock chips, small cracks and faded chrome. Prob going to get all new front end lights and reflectors as well. Dare i say it, the 88-98 version of these trucks is got a cult like following like the 67-72 models.

My co worker has a 70 C/10 short wide i been trying to buy off him. Solid west Texas truck. But i got too many projects. Refresh of my 94 C1500, 67 and 69 barracudas, and a driveline rebuild and paint refresh on a 1988 daytona shelby T top car. Currently narrowing and rebuilding a 31 spline Explorer 8.8 disc brake rear to go under my sons 69 cuda. I guess my eyes are bigger than my stomach so to speak lol. I retire in 10 years kids will be grown and gone. I plan on putting a full bathroom , TV, and kitchen in my shop and living out there lol.

Pix of my trucks past and present.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a full interior detail on the truck yesterday. I work part time at a detail shop (sheesh, takes me back to the college days). Scrubbed the seats and carpet, enzymed the entire thing including the headliner. Came home and cracked the windows overnight with a new black ice air freshener. Scrubbed the mats with Adam’s rubber mat and liner cleaner (not on the website but I’ve got the hookup :cool: haha). Truck has zero odor, no old truck smell here. Carpet was done as well as it could be with out a hot water extractor. I have pictures but will post later, I work tonight so it’ll later when I post pictures.