77Conours's 1997 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This week has been pretty good for the old truck. It got Huskyliner floor mats. I wish Weathertech made mats for these trucks. The Husky mats are ok, but I’m not impressed with the fit. Today I headed to two junkyards. First one had a 4x4 paramedic Tahoe with a certified cluster. Almost grabbed it but passed. There was also an Escalade so I was able to get the gauge cluster from it. Most likely going in my truck. Pulled a door chime out of a super wrecked ‘96 Z28. Looked like it got t-boned and was bent in a “U” shape. Second yard only had 4 400’s. Grabbed a CD delete pocket. That’ll get cleaned tomorrow at work and installed since the CD player in my truck doesn’t work. Yes, I have pictures but I picked up OT tonight. Time for bed.....

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ignore how dirty they are, it's been rainy here the past few days and my work boots make these things filthy, these are for the 92-99 Suburbans, but they fit my truck just fine; this is actually one of the first things I moved over from my Burb

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since my Charger won’t set the necessary amount of computer monitors necessary for PA state inspection....I’ve decided to start daily driving the ‘97. I’m not sure how I feel about a 22 year old truck being my daily but a 600 (soon to be more) horsepower car has proved to impractical.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
computer monitors?

Like O2 sensor, and cat monitors. At least in PA all but 1 have to be set for the car to pass state emissions. We just moved but unfortunatley the county we moved to still requires emissions testing. Good news is there's a high end performance shop 2 miles from my house. They are going to eliminate the issue so the car will pass emissions.

As far as the truck goes, it hauled some stuff the day we moved and was parked on the street. Been sitting there for 2 weeks lol. Left my other part time job that was too far and paying less and now start another part time job at a garage I worked at a few years ago. I pay what they pay for parts so I'll be ordering new fuel and brake lines since those looked questionable at inspection. Need to swap my odometer over to my Escalade cluster so I can put that in. Installed the Camaro door chime and the CD delete pocket last month too.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally some pictures for you guys! After poor visibility last on my drive to work, I installed some LED headlights I had from my mega cab. I know I said "no LEDs" on this build but until I get new housings and decent bulbs these are staying. Pulled the DRL fuse but they're still coming on?

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After 22 years of faithful service, my driver side interior door handle went to GMT400 heaven. Ordering a set of chrome Escalade handles from LMC later.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FYI,
Huskyliners #51012 are rubber, grey color, and form fit to your trucks floor. Fit for 88-98 GMT400. I am getting a set for mine. About $70 for the pair. The 1999-2000 escalade was same as 99 'Burban still GMT400. They fit. The grooves look like they would catch a lot of water, slop and slush and keep it from slopping all around.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New door handles and the trim pieces that go around them are ordered. $125 shipped from LMC sheesh.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Door handles and trim showed up this morning. Quality parts. First order from LMC and I’m impressed. Gonna see if I can get them in next week