6 lug conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are lot's of people that have done this, but I don't have any pic's though, I was actually just looking at a truck the other day that had been done this same way.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bump, want to see photos of this swap. Mainly front, the rear will figure itself out.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Bump, want to see photos of this swap. Mainly front, the rear will figure itself out.

To put nbs/nnbs wheels on an obs you will need rotors from c2500 light duty (7200 lb GVW) the same year model as your truck. But since the backspacing is different from a 2wd obs wheel and a nbs/nnbs you will need 1.5" spacers up front to get the wheels out in the correct location. I put lift spindles on my truck so I didn't need the 1.5" spacers because the spindles push the front wheels out almost 2" on each side. But I had to install .25" spacers on my truck because the backspacing of the nnbs 17's caused the rim to barely rub the spindle, an the center cap would not quite go on due to the rotors hub sticking out so far. On the rear I installed a rearend out of a z71 because it is 3" wider than a 2wd rearend and I wanted the width to closely match the front. To make it easy on myself with the rearend swap I didn't loosen any brake lines. I left my backing plates and brake lines from my 2wd on the truck and swapped the new rearend on with my 2wd backing plates and bought new 6lug brake drums.

So all that being said what is your goal with your truck? Do you want to lift/lower it? And what wheels are you looking at?

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to do this to my 99 Classic, not going to lower for now, I'll absolutely never lift it I have my 98 lifted. Just wanted a 6 lug to get more wheel options. Possibly a 22inch caddy wheel or KMC Slides. I got a 6lug SF14 bolt and a 6lug 10bolt from my 98Z71 I didn't know it was that easy to go to 6lug till now. Everyone on GMFS always seemed to say it would cost to much money to accomplish, but they are typically all NNBS cen cal guys over there....

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Looking to do this to my 99 Classic, not going to lower for now, I'll absolutely never lift it I have my 98 lifted. Just wanted a 6 lug to get more wheel options. Possibly a 22inch caddy wheel or KMC Slides. I got a 6lug SF14 bolt and a 6lug 10bolt from my 98Z71 I didn't know it was that easy to go to 6lug till now. Everyone on GMFS always seemed to say it would cost to much money to accomplish, but they are typically all NNBS cen cal guys over there....

if you have a 4wd rearend then all you need is 6 lug rotors, 1.5" wheel spacers and wheels & tires!

LSX_240

Reaction score
what about just using 5 to 6 lug adapters? wouldnt that make up for the width and get you 6 lugs?

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hundred bucks for new brake calipers/wheel bearings, pads and rotors or 250+shipping for spacer/adapters. Plus i think my SF14 bolt may be the narrow one which would mean no spacers longer hub life. longer hub life is what I'm thinking about, plus any wider and the more rock chips...

Dave5180

Reaction score
I recently bought a 95 rcsb that already had a Z71 rearend in it but was stock up front. I just went and bought a set of front rotors for a 90 2500 light duty for around $150. They are the exact same size as the stock ones and even use the same bearings. A friend of mine had an extra set of 20"x8" wheels with i think a 30mm offset that came off of his 99 rcsb. They bolted up perfectly and I havent had a single problem with the swap so far. Hope this helps.