6 lug conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a '96 Sierra 2wd lowered 4/6 and Im think of asking it a 6 lug, I can get a z71 rearend for the rear but how would I do the front? I want to do the conversion for a bigger wheel selection, I can get 20" take offs for 7-900 dollars with good tires. Sure I can buy some rims for that much, but I think it'd be sweet to do!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
4wd rears are wider than the 2wd's the best way is to find a c2500 2wd and get rotors but if you go this route you need to make sure the wheels will clear the hubs

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Word, you need a light duty 3/4 ton 6 lug 2wd rear end from an OBS, and the front rotors are a direct swap on to your truck no mod's req.

Reaction score
Wont the wheels sit too far in with the 2wd rear end and just the rotors because of the backspacing on the NBS wheels? I thought you needed a 4wd rear end and some spacers with the rotors up front for the wheels to sit in the right spot.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so a rearend out of a '99 or newer truck 3/4 2wd? arent these disc and have to get a bigger master cylinder and all that jazz.

and the rotors off the same year? making sure before i go out and start buying stuff.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For rotor's you need light duty 3/4 ton rotor's for the same year as your truck, and I have no idea what the width of a rear end for a NBS is.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
right on, im gunna check into it. does anyone have pics of a obs with nbs wheels on it.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you have to run spacer's in order to be able to run the NBS wheel's. Most of the NBS wheel's I have seen do have the room for the hub to protrude in to like the five lug OEM wheel's have, and the NBS truck's use sealed bearing assemblies so they do not have a hub sticking out.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
nbs rears are wider as well not sure how much wider but if I remember right on the obs the 4wd rears are 3 inches wider than the 2wd