6 lug conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSX_240

Reaction score
hundred bucks for new brake calipers/wheel bearings, pads and rotors or 250+shipping for spacer/adapters. Plus i think my SF14 bolt may be the narrow one which would mean no spacers longer hub life. longer hub life is what I'm thinking about, plus any wider and the more rock chips...

Not really concerned with cost. Just wondering if anyone has done it and how it turns out, due to the issues with spacing. Just looking for another alternative :)

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
what about just using 5 to 6 lug adapters? wouldnt that make up for the width and get you 6 lugs?

this would work also.

hundred bucks for new brake calipers/wheel bearings, pads and rotors or 250+shipping for spacer/adapters. Plus i think my SF14 bolt may be the narrow one which would mean no spacers longer hub life. longer hub life is what I'm thinking about, plus any wider and the more rock chips...

all you need is rotors. but if your rearend is the stock width just remember, if you put on a set of nbs/nnbs wheels they will be tucked in roughly 1.5" from where they are now with your factory 2wd rims.

I recently bought a 95 rcsb that already had a Z71 rearend in it but was stock up front. I just went and bought a set of front rotors for a 90 2500 light duty for around $150. They are the exact same size as the stock ones and even use the same bearings. A friend of mine had an extra set of 20"x8" wheels with i think a 30mm offset that came off of his 99 rcsb. They bolted up perfectly and I havent had a single problem with the swap so far. Hope this helps.

so your back tires must stick out farther than your front

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny I was just going to post and ask about doing this. I picked up a set of 6 lug 22s Bondspeed wheels CHEAP and was thinking of putting them on my 91. Has anyone have problems with the dust caps on the front wheels coming in contact with the wheel caps after swapping out the rotors for the 6 lug 2500 ones?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Funny I was just going to post and ask about doing this. I picked up a set of 6 lug 22s Bondspeed wheels CHEAP and was thinking of putting them on my 91. Has anyone have problems with the dust caps on the front wheels coming in contact with the wheel caps after swapping out the rotors for the 6 lug 2500 ones?

yes, with the stock nnbs wheels on my truck i had to force them to fit, and i beat them down flatter with a hammer. but then i realized my rim was barely touching the spindle so i added some .25" spacers and that corrected both problems

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes, with the stock nnbs wheels on my truck i had to force them to fit, and i beat them down flatter with a hammer. but then i realized my rim was barely touching the spindle so i added some .25" spacers and that corrected both problems

Yea I was thinking that iwould have to use a spacer. Thanks for the reply.

LSX_240

Reaction score
so spacer/adapters in the rear and hubs and rotors up front would work good? or atleast it seems :)

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so spacer/adapters in the rear and hubs and rotors up front would work good? or atleast it seems :)

Rotors in front with a thin spacer to clear the center cap and redrilling the rear axles are the way i think Im going to go.

LSX_240

Reaction score
Well it seems some ppl are going 4x4 and some are lowered. I am going lowered and am more concerned with flushness and/or fender rub (i like it close). I think there is a way to figure out the size of the spacer needed, based on back spacing and how close the original wheel fits, but just gotta take the time to do it.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So hunter is the white truck that is on the left in your sig the one that you converted? It just seems like 1.5-2 inches would push the wheels awfully far out, I'm just concerned with rock chips but that picture doesn't appear to push them out much...