5.7 vortec long crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As dumb as this sounds, for a fuel pressure issue, check the fuel filter. I had a lot of the same symptoms, and my fuel filter was only like 10k miles, but it had collected a lot of stuff and was preventing good pressure.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As dumb as this sounds, for a fuel pressure issue, check the fuel filter. I had a lot of the same symptoms, and my fuel filter was only like 10k miles, but it had collected a lot of stuff and was preventing good pressure.
I just thought about that, I replaced the fuel filter and added sea foam into my tank. I’ll drive it around for a bit to see if it fixes the hard start and my new code for a cylinder 7 misfire.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am now getting a code for a cylinder 7 misfire. I pulled the spark plugs and plug #7 is wet with fuel and the rest aren’t. My first thoughts are that injector #7 is leaking? This would make sense, as this would cause low fuel pressure which is related to my hard start.

Last edited:

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After further investigation, it seems spark plugs 3, 6, 7, and 8 have fuel deposits on them, yet 7 is the only one throwing a misfire code. Thoughts? I am starting to think the spider or pressure regulator may have failed and is flooding the engine, or maybe the ICM which would explain the spark problems and hard start when warm.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heavily corroded, contaminated inside, and/or carbon tracked. Vortec caps may misfire from one conductor to another as they cross each other within the insulating plastic of the cap.

What is the cranking compression pressure of #7 compared to a "good" cylinder?

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heavily corroded, contaminated inside, and/or carbon tracked. Vortec caps may misfire from one conductor to another as they cross each other within the insulating plastic of the cap.

What is the cranking compression pressure of #7 compared to a "good" cylinder?
I don’t know the compression pressure. How do I measure that? Also could this problem be related to my hard start?