Long cranks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior760

Reaction score
Having issues starting my truck every time. I installed a new fuel pump and filter thinking it was the issue. The gauge wasn’t working either but with the new pump it was fixed. But when it starts it runs fine. Check the psi and it’s at 62 when you turn the key and when it’s at idle it’s at 55. When I turn off the engine the pressure drops slowly. Can this be the fuel pressure regulator? I put in a fuel injector assembly years ago just trying to see if this is the issue before I go any further. Thanks

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it usually sit all night till the morning when I go to work. Fuel pressure is at 62 psi at the off position then it goes to 60 psi
You have 62 psi fuel pressure after it's not run all night long?

I want to know if the fuel pump primes when the key is turned from "Off" to "Run" without starting the engine.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate grinding starters too. I learned to turn on the key,wait for the fuel pump to shut off,give the starter a two second crank,release the key and listen for the pump to shut off then hit it again. They normally bust right off on the second crank. Try that on yours and if that solves it there was never anything wrong to begin with,just the nature of the beasty.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was your new spider the MPFI kind with the green tips and electronic connections on the ends? Was it a good quality unit, or an eBay special? I also have a hard start and a leaky spider from ebay was contributing to it.

Last edited: