5.3L LM7 Swap into OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's more like that there's a practical limit to how much air and fuel you can cram in a NA motor, and the LT is already pretty good at that.

I know the maggie blowers were pretty popular on those trucks. I'm sure some blowed up, but I think they were fairly safe. I quit following it after I sold my 2015, so I could be wrong.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
*cough cough* Cadillac 4-6-8

So, the old 350s were never built to their max potential from the factory, and the LS motors are? Kinda reminds me of an article I read years ago about Porsche using computer modelling and simulation to build the motor right to the power level they wanted. Any modifications and the motor fell apart. I can't find any reference, but I think it was pre-IMS bearing.
The LT6's are pushing their limits for factory N/A setups. The LS's not so much, they were underrated and de-tuned. We have a 5.3L aluminum blocked LT(L83) engine that on our test stand with only a few tweaks to the tune, and the fueling aspect of it made ~100hp more with just computer and fuel pressure tweaks. But it was retuned because the consumer did not want a performance truck, they wanted a workhorse.

Last edited:

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
LS engines are so neutured from the factory, I couldn't believe the difference, just a generic tune made on my 08 4x4 Sierra. It went from a dog, to chirping 2nd gear, and able to do amazing burnouts, on 33's. Not something I did a lot, but had to try it out. LOL

Seemed like mostly what freed mine up, was getting rid of Torque Management, which keeps it from having all that getty up down low.