4wd to 2wd conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy junkie

Reaction score
I am going to switch my 1993 blazer to 2wd. I was wondering if the spindles from a regular half ton truck will work on the the torsion bar control arms? And if the rear end is the same width?
Any information will be much appreciated.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
You need to see if the ball joint taper is the same from 2wd to 4wd because the ball joints are different which in turn would make the spindles different taper angle for where the joints go in. It would in all honesty be easier to find a 2wd tahoe or blazer frame. And either swap your body onto it, or use the 2wd as a whole if possible. Going from 4wd to 2wd on any gen of IFS chevy is hard.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to switch my 1993 blazer to 2wd. I was wondering if the spindles from a regular half ton truck will work on the the torsion bar control arms? And if the rear end is the same width?
Any information will be much appreciated.
Very unlikely the spindles will swap.

Also the 4WD rear axle is about 4" wider than a RWD axle.. and the front end on the 4WD is even wider than that by nearly 2"

Richard

chevy junkie

Reaction score
Also why convert it to 2wd when you could convert it to AWD?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I have seen this and was thinking about doing that very thing. I thought I might like to go a little lower and its a lot easier to find lowering stuff for a 2 wheel drive.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would be easier to just get a 2 wheel drive then.