4l80e swapped, no 4th gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zacklee420

Reaction score
Blew the 4l60e in my 95 so I've put a 4l80e from a 97 in. I have repinned everything correctly and wired in the iss but thats where things get wierd, with it hooked up I get codes 68 and 85 when I unplug it those go away but code 74 shows up naturally. Also for some reason with the tcc solenoid wired into the computer it slips all the time but if I wire it to a switch to manually control lockup I have no issues. No matter what I do I cant get 4th its like it doesn't exist. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95 was a 1 year only .... thinking you may need to re-check your wiring since you're using a 97.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This really sounds like a wiring or tuning issue. I know you said the wiring has been double and triple checked, but are you 100% positive that the ISS is wired to the correct two pins at the PCM and you've moved the correct pins/wires in the transmission connector? The factory service manuals have PCM pinouts for each engine type, are you sure you were looking at the right one?