454 vortech power and torque numbers and AFR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think this intake would be worth tracking down for your build. Look at those long runners and that massive monoblade throttle body. The intake almost looks like a Ramjet until you notice the runners feed opposite sides of the engine and are close to 2x the length of the Ramjet runners.

You must be registered for see images attach

thats a nice piece.............what is it??

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think this intake would be worth tracking down for your build. Look at those long runners and that massive monoblade throttle body. The intake almost looks like a Ramjet until you notice the runners feed opposite sides of the engine and are close to 2x the length of the Ramjet runners.

I see its a large rectangular port...........that would nee some epoxy to go back down to an oval...but it looks awesome......must be a marine application?

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they still make them but they are lots of money...
when your trying to make 600 ft pounds of torque.......you really need a very small cam with lots of lift and dont get the lobe centers spread too much....air speed thru the port is very important to fill the cylinder. You dont have any RPM to pull on the intake charge and hence you will defeat the purpose of the build by having the wrong heads/manifold and cam.... if you dont fill the cyl your going to lose the torque. This is opposite thinking of most NA gas engines. Were talking trying to get into diesel territory. I would like to achieve peak torque at 2500 or less and peak horsepower at 3500--3750 If I can get from 290 ft pounds on a chassis dyno to 500 ft pounds which may be possible I think I will have something and gear my truck down...you might be able to cruise at 2000 rpm instead of 2500 as I am now....also a gear vendors would do wonders because gear ratio is adding torque as well.........

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
he sent it without you paying him? Man if you received something from him you certainly should have paid him? Send it to me and Ill pay you on a paypal account that way you can pay him and get it later when you have the money?

No, I was saying I needed to send payment to get it, all I have from him is the spreadsheet for now; we've been going back and forth on getting the tune worked out and I just don't have the money to order it right now.

I dont want anything for free...he has time and effort in this and should make some money because he has something that guys need and want= Money
He does give away the pinout for free; but like L31MaxExpress said he asks people to not redistribute it.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With regards to the 0411 conversion, does going coil near plug change the pin out drastically or can it be done later without much fuss? I'm preparing to swap my 454 over to 0411 but I'm not sure if I should go coil near plug right away or not. I just spent money on a new dizzy and wires. Wondering if it is worth going cnp for my mild mods.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a weird thought too. Why not a PSI 8.8? It is based on an 8.1 that has had the heads and intake manifold changed for maximum low-end torque. On Propane they make 565 tq @ 1500 rpm and 270 hp at 2,600. On gasoline they can make about 10-15% more power and torque. It has a fully fprged rotating assembly that is rated to take 1,000 ft/lbs.