400 vs newer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm also in too deep to ever get my money back at this point!

I have over $15,000 into my gmt400, and would struggle to sell it for $5,000. Maybe they will gain value as they age? I am hoping...

Most of the money that I put into my gmt400 was to try and make it as good/better than my 2015 f150 with the 2.7 Ecoboost/6 speed trans. I made the gmt400 as good at towing our camper, but it still isn't as good at daily driving.

So... I have $15k into a gmt400 that is worth 5K, and an f150 that does the same job, and you could buy for maybe 20k. The kicker is that you could sell the f150 for 20k also...

The gmt400 is cheaper/easier to fix if something goes wrong, but the newer stuff isn't terrible.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other problem with a 70k truck is depreciation.
Once that truck gets miles on it and is out of warranty you are in the same boat as somebody with an old mercedes.
They become used " luxury vehicles" and only worth a fraction of the price you paid for it.
And nothing will suck money out of your wallet faster than a used luxury vehicle.