4.3L to ?? swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno, I feel like if you've built one cam in block V8, you've pretty much done all of them. Just look up the torque specs and clearances.
Ok then, let me be specific. It's the oil galley plugs that I'm worried about. Not sure where the "hidden" one goes, let alone the rest of them.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I* know this is an older thread...

but it caught my interest, especially the tuner. Before I go down a rabbit hole...Please tell me if it can change the engine size.

One can change a configurable parameter, in JET's DST, that specifies the displacement per cylinder, e.g., as an incremental change to the ECU configuration to accommodate the difference b/t a 350 or a 383. Maybe @df2x4 can post a screengrab of the configuration parameter(s) related to engine displacement. I expect the same parameter can be tuned with any of the "tuners" out there.

I have not tweaked this parameter myself.

I never was able to tune my HT383E after it went in.

When I get her back on the road, I'm absolutely going to tune her.

Hopefully you'll find some help, here :waytogo:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe @df2x4 can post a screengrab of the configuration parameter(s) related to engine displacement.

I can certainly try as soon as I get my '97s scanned, still haven't done that.

I could post one from the tune in my dad's '06 3500, but I'm not familiar enough with the JET DST software yet to know how/if the tunable parameters vary between different vehicles/PCMs.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@shovelbill I think I found the cylinder volume setting that @1998_K1500_Sub mentioned earlier. It's under Constants>Fuel Parameters. This is from my dad's '06 3500 stock tune, so what you see for a GMT400 may differ slightly.

You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@shovelbill I think I found the cylinder volume setting that @1998_K1500_Sub mentioned earlier. It's under Constants>Fuel Parameters. This is from my dad's '06 3500 stock tune, so what you see for a GMT400 may differ slightly.

You must be registered for see images attach

I see a lot of low hanging fruit in that screen shot tune wise. Must be a LQ4 6.0L.

Want instant power and response. Drop PE delay to Zero. RPM to bypass PE delay about 1,500. PE Enable torque about 50%. Then increase the PE Ramp In rate. Will be a different truck.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Want instant power and response. Drop PE delay to Zero. RPM to bypass PE delay about 1,500. PE Enable torque about 50%. Then increase the PE Ramp In rate. Will be a different truck.

Might try this next time I've got the laptop over at his place. Thanks for the tips!

EDIT - What would you recommend increasing the PE ramp-in rate to for a starting point?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might try this next time I've got the laptop over at his place. Thanks for the tips!

You can also use the PE delay and RPM as a somewhat crude form of traction control as well. Spinning is not winning. I have mine delayed about 5 seconds under 3,000 rpm. At low rpm I either have to be in the pedal at a TPS reading over the 60% I have it set to enable for 5 seconds or be above 3,000. It gets me off the line and rolling before full power comes in otherwise I haze the rear tires. Having it set that way also prevents me from dumping a ton of fuel climbing smaller yet steep rolling hills.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few other PE-relevant parameters found under other (sub)menus of the JET DST (and probably every other tuner too). @df2x4, can you ferret them out and post a screengrab? They might precipitate some additional comments.

I for one tweak the "PE enable" to trigger on vacuum (actually the MAP equivalent), around 6-8". I'm sure I'm not alone. That table's in there, somewhere, along with some others.