383 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canadaguy5150

Reaction score
I’m shooting for close to 400. Thats the limit for the stock injection system.
Five-0 Motorsports sells replacement injector spiders in stock or upgraded injector sizes. Used them for my Vortec 353 swap into my Sonoma ZR-2. Complete stock 24 LB replacement was quite reasonably priced and fine for my application (stock/mild rebuild, .20 over, 212/218 cam, minor head porting). With your extra cubes and bigger cam I imagine you would want 30LB or 36LB injectors. They're a bit pricier unfortunately.

canadaguy5150

Reaction score
Nice build though. Kinda wish I did a stroker but what I have will be plenty of engine for that little truck. Maybe in the future. Best of luck with the rest of the project.

Edit, .020 over, not .20. My mistake. That would make one large small block ha.

canadaguy5150

Reaction score
I just re-used my stock push rods and rocker arms. If you upgraded to 1.6 rockers your push rod length will likely change. I was trying to save some dollars where I could. At my power level and rpm range they'll be fine. But my power level will be much lower than yours and truck will rarely see high rpm. All my trucks are daily drivers and/or work trucks/tow rigs and I drive like a granny so they rarely see even 4k rpm (sometimes a little higher with my LS trucks but they have higher torque peaks).
My two cents is if you're spinning the engine high enough to worry about push rods bending or breaking you should also consider upgrading to screw in rocker studs. Pretty easy to do yourself. Comp sells an alignment tool. Just my humble opinion.
What kind of use will this truck see? What sort of rpms do you plan on turning?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any insight on the pushrods.
I have these Summit Racing Chromoly push rods with their aluminum heads, guide plates, and 1.6 full roller rockers. I've been running them for ~3 years with good luck. I don't know if the length is correct for your application though. TMMV

canadaguy5150

Reaction score
My apologies. Can't weigh in much on that. If I ever go past cam, springs and lifters I just order the full valve train kit from Comp. Had good luck so far.

Looking forward to hearing about how this build wakes up your truck. Been thinking about building up one of my half tons for a while. Keep up the good work.

Devon 11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The headers I installed have a 02 bung in the primary on the driver side and nothing in the passenger should I weld a bung in the other sides primary so they mirror each other or should I put it further back