383 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Your probably absolutely right there Peter! Efficiency vs Power, dollars vs how far that dollar goes.

I only put ethanol free 91 in gas cans and so all of my small engines, my 56 tractor and even my Sierra thats only traveld 85 kms in 6 years so far all gets the 91 and that's only because the 91 seems to be the only option around me for ethanol free.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Ethanol free" is worth about a 10% price difference, no more. As far as aging better, straight gas doesn't last very long any more either. As far as I'm concerned the only difference is the economics of that 10% price bump.
On comp cams website it said the camshaft works against a restrictive exhaust system. I called them for clarification and the rep said I was fine to run the stock exhaust.
That sounds like advertising speak for "small cam".

Devon 11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a marine cam, I told them I wanted a cam that had mostly power down low and that what they recommended. I think the initial guy even said something about it should keep vacuum pressure up. I hope it’s not a small cam lol.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a marine cam, I told them I wanted a cam that had mostly power down low and that what they recommended. I think the initial guy even said something about it should keep vacuum pressure up. I hope it’s not a small cam lol.

It is. Did you do 1.6 rockers too?

Devon 11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So comp cams website recommend the high energy pushrods they sell. I also bought my springs according to the recommendation on the site. I was wondering if anybody had some input on this. It looks like those are their cheapest line and was wondering if they would be fine. Spring seat is 132 and spring rare is 322. Am I being paranoid that $50 pushrods are too cheap.