Really wish ppl would stop bringing me trucks with hydraulic fluid in trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have we covered windshield washing fluids yet?

I always love it when a rental car from the south finds its way up north in the winter, and the washer fluid freezes.

I had a rental like that once, while driving in the snow, and couldn't clean the friggin' windshield.

What's with that "32F" washer fluid anyway, is it anything but Blue Water?

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I always love it when a rental car from the south finds its way up north in the winter, and the washer fluid freezes.

I had a rental like that once, while driving in the snow, and couldn't clean the friggin' windshield.

What's with that "32F" washer fluid anyway, is it anything but Blue Water?
Sure it is. They add something in it for a slight scent as well. It certainly doesn't clean anything except pollen off the glass.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clear as mud.
It's a high school chemistry joke/pun on the double meaning of "solution." The combo of soap, water and alcohol is both a solution to the problem at hand and an aqueous "solution."

I had to check in with Merriam Webster for this, I couldn't remember the definition of solution. I guess the dementia is coming for me early

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So something little here and there is fine but an actual debate/argument is not.
In my experience, the Moderators here are fairly lenient and will normally give you/us a warning before escalating to any punishment. Take heed and try not to get to that point :deal:

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Talking to a buddy about this whole ATF/Hydraulic fluid deal.
He rebuilt his ole TH350 about 12 years ago and used cheapest "303" hydraulic fluid he could find. Still running the same fluid today and he beats the crap out of it. SBC 383 with a 275 shot, 3800 converter, 3.08 gears in a 86 C10. He finally puked a few rods out the side of the block last month on that 21 year old 383. But still running that 303 fluid in the trans.
He never changes the fluid cause transmission still works. haha.. He said no point in wasting that money if it works. When transmission goes out he will rebuild it and put some more cheap fluid in it and keep riding.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I steal the windshield washer fluid at gas stations. You know - the reservoirs mounted at the islands with the squeegees? Pop the hood, pop the reservoir out, in the truck’s reservoir it goes.
Around here, they're either bone dry with a rotten squeegee sitting in it, filled with sewage-smelling bug-encrusted filth, someone has stuffed trash in it although the obvious trash receptacle is right next to it, or... one chain station around here seems fond of.. filling it with some crap that is so soapy you can't get it off the windshield. :/

Almost invariably, some crackhead has stolen ALL the squeegees, if they were even marginally still useful.

I use the RainX bug juice. Green, then siphoned out and swapped to orange at first hint of impending cold weather.

Wow.. the black truck is practically clean. That was a long time ago..
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I steal the windshield washer fluid at gas stations. You know - the reservoirs mounted at the islands with the squeegees? Pop the hood, pop the reservoir out, in the truck’s reservoir it goes.
I've NEVER dunked an empty water/soda bottle in the ones at truck stops and filled my reservoir that way. I don't know how that bottle of blue sprite ended up in the tool box of the 3500hd...

Status
Not open for further replies.