350 cam options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
395 marine cam

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Alexsparts.com drop in vortec head spring kit for hydraulic flat tappet cam will give adequate clearances and pressures for a 395 cam. Nothing more is necessary unless you want to drop $400 on a set of crane gold 1.6 self aligning roller fulcrum rocker arms.

Slimpickens

Reaction score
I have a f body cam in my suburban. I put it in about a month ago. I can tell you this. From idle to 4k the lt1 cam and l31 cam are fairly similar. You probably wouldn't notice much of a difference. However 4k to shift point is completely different. I scored my cam for next to nothing. Was it worth it.... Absolutely! Is it the best cam? Idk probably better cams out there. If you're on a budget it's worth it. As far as idle... Its completely different than the l31 cam. I've towed with it I've cruised around with it 3k miles later. It puts a smile on my face everytime I hit the loud pedal.

Slimpickens

Reaction score
Here are my supporting mods.

Prior to cam swap
.030" over 350
062 heads
Z28 springs
S10 converter
Dual exhaust
Magna flow muffler.
Pro flash hand held tuner on 87 tune.

Noticed a nice difference after the lt1 cam swap. The cam is out of a 96 trans am.
Mods after the can swap
Comp cams magnum 1.52 roller tips
Custom dual 2.25" exhaust with hi flow cats.
Played around with the tuneba little.
Currently on a 93 tune
I have exhaust clips. I'll try and post.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a before and after dyno sheet for the cam? I'm curious how much you gained from it

Slimpickens

Reaction score
No, I have not dynoed it yet, but there is a video on YouTube of a guy how has a k1500 vortec truck. He has the actual gains documented.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah its the same dude from PTN. On a stock motor, catback, stock tune he gained 8/8 whp/wtq. If you have supporting mods like intake, headers, tune. Expect to see plenty more

Slimpickens

Reaction score
That's him, but keep in mind that's to the tire also... Through the trans and drivetrain loss... In a 4wd truck. It revs a lot better I'll tell you that for sure. Before the swap my truck fell on it's face around 4500 rpm and strained to hit the shift point at wot. Now it pulls straight to shift point.
Completely different from 4k and up.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah its the same dude from PTN. On a stock motor, catback, stock tune he gained 8/8 whp/wtq. If you have supporting mods like intake, headers, tune. Expect to see plenty more

Are there dyno graphs out there for the comparison?

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah. He put them in the video. I'll find them later when I'm not on moble.