$350 1999 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Both are taller bumpers, aren't they? Which would hang down lower than a 400 bumper, so that may/may not be an issue. I like the idea of the step in the bumper corners.
Those bumper steps on the 14-18 trucks look better than they work. My cousin's 15 Silverado has them, and they aren't deep enough to get your foot in well. I used them when I went with him to get mattresses when we were living with him for a few months. The idea is great but the execution is a bit lacking. And I've noticed the steps on the 19 ups are a little bigger ( so I must've not been the only one that noticed).

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine started out with a painted bumper but it was beaten up pretty badly. I happened on a mint chrome bumper at a good price. Good shape and good price was enough for me. Its a truck! Very happy with the change.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote keep it 400bumper. There pretty and strong enough. Something about the 800 bumper looks cheesy to me. Maybe it's the way gm did the black moldings idk. But oem 400 bumper is a real bumper. If you want another bumper because of the bulkiness then I think your idk of the rear shaved looks would look better. Just please dont put Corvette lights there lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their input. Ive been motivated to stay with 400 bumper

Just finding good OEM ones can get difficult

@SUBURBAN5 no corvette lights, 1st that's ugly, 2nd the 90s faded out a long time ago lol
Yup, I agree! Some trends need to stay in the era they came from......What really looked lazy and dumb to me, was the trucks that had the Vette taillights and still had the original ones on the bed edge too.
On another trend, I think lightly smoked taillights on the 400s look good, but overly tinted ones are dangerous. Back in early 2013, when we had recently gotten our 06 Yukon XL to replace our first 400 Burb ( the pewter 99 that got totalled), Dad, my brother and I were going to lunch. We were in the lane to turn at the next intersection, and came up on a 400 pickup stalled on the road in front of us. The tails on it were so dark you could barely see they were flashing. The guys were discussing where we were going to go, and didn't see that the truck wasn't moving! I yelled(cause I could see it was not moving) and Dad whipped the Yukon XL into the next lane. We just missed hitting it, way too close for our taste!

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I agree! Some trends need to stay in the era they came from......What really looked lazy and dumb to me, was the trucks that had the Vette taillights and still had the original ones on the bed edge too.
On another trend, I think lightly smoked taillights on the 400s look good, but overly tinted ones are dangerous. Back in early 2013, when we had recently gotten our 06 Yukon XL to replace our first 400 Burb ( the pewter 99 that got totalled), Dad, my brother and I were going to lunch. We were in the lane to turn at the next intersection, and came up on a 400 pickup stalled on the road in front of us. The tails on it were so dark you could barely see they were flashing. The guys were discussing where we were going to go, and didn't see that the truck wasn't moving! I yelled(cause I could see it was not moving) and Dad whipped the Yukon XL into the next lane. We just missed hitting it, way too close for our taste!

You aint kidding ive seen so many taillights that where BLACK no red at all.
And I dont see how they never got a ticket or rearended 1st day.

But slightly tinted looks good. Like a ruby red and run LED and you'll still be brighter them OEM.

I compared my slightly tinted ones on my blue truck vs stock on crew and they was just as bright

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
So I just watched your YouTube video you posted way earlier. I seen you had the keyless entry working, was it plug and play if the suburban I was pulling the power window harness out of had factory keyless entry? I’ve noticed the factory remote receiver plugged into the power window harness.