$350 1999 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess its about time a start a build thread so lets see how this goes.

When i say this thing was rough is an understatement. And i don't have any before interior pics because it was that bad, well cleaned 6 30 gal bags of just trash out of cab and bed not counting the big stuff that wouldn't fit in bags.

Truck started life as a railroad truck was abused and used hard, got parked in a fenced lot(unknown reason)for many years and thats when all the glass was busted out except windshield from surrounding neighborhood kids. guy i bought it from owned it a year and blowed up the 5.7 in about 6 months sat another 6 months, then i came across it 4/25/2020

You must be registered for see images attach

First thing stripped interior down to dash, heavily de-greased and pressure washed it, let it dry out and prepped bad places in floor. wasnt rotted just mostly corrosion from the years of rain sitting in floor

*the armrest and glove box is what every inside looked like before pressure washing*

Last edited:

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Next was to get some glass back in it and 2 good doors for the front, the hinges weren't salvageable. So glass guy put in new windshield and back glass everything else came from a u pull

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the fun part making the inside pretty. Ill just upload the pics and let them do the talking. All new fabrics, redye on the plastic

Little before and after on door panels

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.7 was blowed And..............No way i was putting a old school small block back in. I LS swap everything lol

Pulled front clip, prepped it, painted satin black like the older GMs

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Damn...you jumped in headfirst. Love to see progress. You plan on converting to power door locks and windows or keeping it basic?

Also, that a 5.3 or 6.0?

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point it was running okay wasn't quite right but continued on to get exhaust done and tidy up a few things. Didn't get many pics.
Just started getting many surprises while squeezing the life out my bank account. first was the driveline vibration, ended up being a destroyed driveshaft bent,twisted, busted carrier you name it everything was wrong with it so $500 later i have a nice smooth ride, next was leaking p/s pump rebuilt that and all was good, then came sinking brake pedal followed by p/s steering leak in the truck. which got expensive but had a whole list of problems and brakes aint something to skimp on so master cylinder, hydro-boost unit, pads n rotors, busted brake line. That got the brakes and p/s leak fixed but would still randomly have a sinking pedal. Did some diag. and was leaking fluid internally past combination valve, found me a hydraulic unit from an s10 and put my module on it got the brakes, did automated bleed finally have a consistent brake pedal

I'm not one for typing i work on cars for a living not an english major so sorry if it dont make any sense lol

I don't think i'm forgetting anything important. But did add cowl hood, got a dually bed, had a band put in stock wheels for some super singles

*Did forget scored a suburban rear doors forward minus the dash for $300 so tomorrow im gonna continue with the power swap and ill be sure to get pics*
Front Wheels

rear wheels

Truck as of today

The suburban i stripped

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn...you jumped in headfirst. Love to see progress. You plan on converting to power door locks and windows or keeping it basic?

Also, that a 5.3 or 6.0?

My blue 88 is just as bad on transformation.

Was gonna stay basic but actually going power with it tomorrow

Looked for a 6.0 couldn't find one reasonable so got a good deal on a 5.3. but for what i pull its fine. ill squeeze more power out of it later on

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Wow that floor isn't bad at all! Mines never sat with no windows and mine is worse on the driver's side.

Great job on the interior, and those front rims look great, where it looks like you had just finished painting them.... what did you use?

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that floor isn't bad at all! Mines never sat with no windows and mine is worse on the driver's side.

Great job on the interior, and those front rims look great, where it looks like you had just finished painting them.... what did you use?

It was some left over single stage at work don't know the name of the color but the can had 1967 fairlane on it couldn't read the rest