$350 1999 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally an update on the CC. Between buying a house and tinkering on the 88 it hasnt got any love other then DD.

So last week we was in the 90s and the clutch fan wasnt doing well for AC while idling my vent temps where getting 55-60F until I was moving then it was back to 40ish

Didnt get alot of during pics but do have some of where I'm at. Still have to loom wire in at pcm and plan on making a shroud piece once I decide what I want to do.

Started off with gmt800 fans with harness. Dont let the harness be intimdating once you rip out the lighting part you'll be left with a standalone fan harness I dont have a pic of that part but this pic is one for my 88 so I can get one of harness stripped if anyone is interested in seeing
You must be registered for see images attach

Next pics you can see where I bent flat stock and welded to rad mounts, also the temporary cut up shroud until I decide what I like.

Also installed a "F" body pressure switch on the high side and segment swapped the system part of the tune file so the truck pcm can operate the fans by AC pressure like it would like on the 98-02 camaros.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im going to start by apologizing to the OBS community.

But I put a gmt800 bumper on the CC. Wasnt planning it been looking for a good OBS one and we ended up getting a wrecked 800 at work with a decent bumper for a killer deal.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Im going to start by apologizing to the OBS community.

But I put a gmt800 bumper on the CC. Wasnt planning it been looking for a good OBS one and we ended up getting a wrecked 800 at work with a decent bumper for a killer deal.

Looks good to me! Around here all the 800 bumpers are made from chrome plated tissue paper.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me! Around here all the 800 bumpers are made from chrome plated tissue paper.

Thanks I will agree they are thinner and lighter, really all around not as good as a 400
But in defense of the 800 bumper I did see one like mine push another car through a garage and survive