3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of parts delivered this week. Some more being delivered today. The FedEx driver has seen me every day this week because most of the parts shipped from different warehouses. He was also the one who delivered all my suspension components. Just laughs at me when he pulls up, haha!

I ordered a 5qt oil pan by mistake, but it’s already on its way to Rock Auto. I need to tear down the TBI and have the injectors serviced, hoping to get to it tonight.

I started cleaning up my air cleaner and prepping it for paint, no photos though. Next week I should be able to get it in primer.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I think I want to put an 88-93 grille on this truck; they just look good to me. Going to hit up the yard here at the end of the month. I also need to get the SLE badges. Going to add new side molding, it is a shame I can’t find a company that recreates OEM GMC2500 molding.

This could be cool, though. Reproduction sport molding.

You must be registered for see images attach

Are you trying to find the GMC2500 Emblem for the molding, or the molding strips themselves? I bought the new emblems for mine (GMC2500) from Classic Parts back in 2020.

I think the sport molding looks awesome on a white pickup. Probably have to buy the ECLB base black kit and make your own with some red vinyl/paint.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to find the GMC2500 Emblem for the molding, or the molding strips themselves? I bought the new emblems for mine (GMC2500) from Classic Parts back in 2020.

I think the sport molding looks awesome on a white pickup. Probably have to buy the ECLB base black kit and make your own with some red vinyl/paint.
I just checked Classic Parts - nothing for GMC2500s currently:( I really really want OEM style molding with the emblem in the molding but I am having zero luck. You can get them for the Chevys but not GMCs.

Route LA Customs sells the sport molding for any cab/bed configuration, so I’d be able to get it for my truck. I think I’m going to just get black so it matches the bumpers.

Im sure this plan will change, though. There’s too much real estate on her to not have something to break it up.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drilled and tapped bosses for roller cam. Was not expecting this on a 638 block. 2 bolt mains.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBI tear down. Injectors go out Monday. I didn’t get the cylinder heads off today but I will this week. Then I’m sending the heads, intake, and valve covers off for a bath.

Attachments

• 777D1A3A-D79E-405F-9916-8E6A399A870A.jpeg
    777D1A3A-D79E-405F-9916-8E6A399A870A.jpeg
    459.6 KB · Views: 6

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, bad news. The GM intake gaskets I ordered are on back order. Anyone recommend a good replacement? I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and see if they can find any.