3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Never really cared for the 95-up bucket console. The cupholder isn't very useful and the interior compartment is small. I *made* it work for my '96 GMC C3500 wrecker; I had a small inverter mounted underneath the compartment and had my HP Photosmart printer stashed in the console. When I needed to print pics for a tow ticket I just opened the console and there was my printer, bag of photo paper, and a tiny stapler. That's about all that would fit in there.

Richard
Yep that's the one thing I don't like about the newer style interiors with buckets. The console should've been made wider, then it would be more useful as actual storage. And that gap on each side between it and the seats allows all manner of junk to get stuck in there....
If I could find a complete early style console in the right color (or close to the later style gray), I'd probably swap it into the Burb. The only one I've seen in the yards was missing pieces, and broken badly on the bottom. They wanted too much $$ for it, for the work I'd have to put into it to fix and reuse it.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep that's the one thing I don't like about the newer style interiors with buckets. The console should've been made wider, then it would be more useful as actual storage. And that gap on each side between it and the seats allows all manner of junk to get stuck in there....
If I could find a complete early style console in the right color (or close to the later style gray), I'd probably swap it into the Burb. The only one I've seen in the yards was missing pieces, and broken badly on the bottom. They wanted too much $$ for it, for the work I'd have to put into it to fix and reuse it.
Those earlier style consoles do frequently get broken, but usually can be fixed without much trouble. The '93 I built for my ex-g/f had a *really* sharp interior (you wouldn't believe how many people bugged me at the shop to sell them the seats, door panels, dash, etc. but I knew I was going to build the truck instead of part it out) but the console was broken where the halves joined, and pieces of the plastic were missing. It's hack-y but totally not visible and solid, but a little plumber's strap and some pop rivets cured it.

Broken at the rear, top and bottom:
You must be registered for see images attach

Couple extra holes drilled, plumber's strap cut, pop rivets installed, done!

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Those earlier style consoles do frequently get broken, but usually can be fixed without much trouble. The '93 I built for my ex-g/f had a *really* sharp interior (you wouldn't believe how many people bugged me at the shop to sell them the seats, door panels, dash, etc. but I knew I was going to build the truck instead of part it out) but the console was broken where the halves joined, and pieces of the plastic were missing. It's hack-y but totally not visible and solid, but a little plumber's strap and some pop rivets cured it.

Broken at the rear, top and bottom:

Couple extra holes drilled, plumber's strap cut, pop rivets installed, done!

Richard
Good to know they can be fixed, but the one I saw was broken way worse than that. And I couldn't see how bad it was till I got it out of the truck it was in.....

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are both right. The 95+ console leaves a lot on the table. I’m planning on cleaning it up and trying to get rid of it. I’ve already been looking at GMT800 consoles to dye and install. They seem pretty reasonable, price-wise. And I’ve read the posts on the forum about them. In the mean time, these will just sit in my front room.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I want to put an 88-93 grille on this truck; they just look good to me. Going to hit up the yard here at the end of the month. I also need to get the SLE badges. Going to add new side molding, it is a shame I can’t find a company that recreates OEM GMC2500 molding.

This could be cool, though. Reproduction sport molding.