2WD Traction Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ooboo

Reaction score
I have a 97 GMC RCSB 2WD that has some nasty axle wrap and wheel hop on hard acceleration. I also have a friend who builds traction bars for trucks but specializes in 4WD and lifted trucks. He doesnt really want to build a set of Cal-trac style bars as he never has before, so for a very reasonable price he said he would build me a set of axle to frame single tube style traction bars. My question is, will I be happy with this style of traction bar? you never really see it in a 'drag' application, it seems to be more popular with the off road crew. Any reason why? Bumper style traction bars are more expensive than these bars would be, and being as I'm still spring over axle I dont think there is a kit to install them.
Thanks!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anything done to the truck peformance wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooboo

Reaction score
305 with intake and exhaust with headers, black bear tune and 2" drop shackles. The kicker is its got an NV3500 which allows for some pretty quick launches if I could get the axle to stay planted..

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't answer your question but, I went with Caltracs on mine and absolutely love them.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's weird you are having axle wrap issues. I have almost 500hp and zero axle wrap/hop

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would just spend the money and get. Caltracs. No reason to reinvent the wheel

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no problem hooking whatsoever, and I can launch at 4k with no problems

A clutch car hits the tire harder then an automatic. Your foot braking to 4k correct? that's different then leaving at 4k from a clutch or transbrake.

I would also go with the cal-tracs there not that expensive and they work good.