2wd to 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I got the brackets, axle, leafs, and steering arm on caigslist for 700 then it was like 200 for other random things.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I have never seen a person run a np208 on an obs with a sas. Lack of vss is going to cause problems.

Painless Wiring make an inline VSS for all TBI and TPI systems. It is a bolt on, no need to tear apart the t-case. No need to modify anything either. It screws on where the speedo cable goes in and has both the VSS output wires and a speedo cable hook up to use a mechanical speedo if you want.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score

Nice article. They didn't address the VSS but the link I gave is simple enough. I was a little surprised to see them recommend the 10 bolts. I personally recommend them for people trying to spend very little but most publications prefer to tell you that they are not worth using and that you should go with the 14 bolt, Dana 60 or even Dana 44. It looks like they used an NP208 but they never mention it in either article(there is a part 1) and they never gave a good shot of it. I like how they broke down everything in the first article but they were way high on the prices. If you buy the ORU kit for a grand you can get most everything else for about 500 bucks from scrap yards and Craigslist. They totaled up 3500 bucks on mostly used stuff when it can be done for about 1500.