2014 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the new design overall. Big improvement over the current model. You can truely see the GMT400 styling comming back in these trucks (more-so the silverado than the sierra). I'm a little iffy on the interior, but it may look better in person.

Although, I gotta say, not sure about the extended cab doors opening standard way rather than the "suicide" way all current trucks use...I'll be alot of people who will actually use that extended cab when needed will hate having the doors beam in the way...I know currently in my 98 and my old 99, when I wanna put something in the back, the suicide doors with the seat slid forward allow plenty of room...this new setup, I see that being a HUGE problem. This would be the only "flaw" that I have noticed personally. Either way, these trucks will blow the current GM models out of the water.

Now...I know its early, but has anyone heard of the color options yet? Will GM bring back much requested two-tone option? Just that option alone would be the icing on the cake for alot of people IMO

Some would argue that the rear hinged doors are actually a PITA because you have to have the front doors open to use them. With a front hinged door, someone can get in/out of the truck without the front occupants opening their doors or moving at all.

Six to one, half dozen to the other.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A real b-pillar also makes the cab stronger. I can remember how much the cab on my 07 classic ecsb flexed because of having the doors on both sides. Not to mention the extra squeaks an rattles. I wish my 98 didn't have the 3rd one at all...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Really? I just loaded up the 92 for the weekend and was cussing my lack of 3rd door, used to the 98 now.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really? I just loaded up the 92 for the weekend and was cussing my lack of 3rd door, used to the 98 now.

Agreed.

When looking for my '96, I wanted an ECSB K2500 8 lug with a 3rd door. Evidently they didn't make them. Some on here stated it's because the cab would be weaker for the heavy duty truck. I call B.S. on that. I'll bet GM didn't expect many 3/4 ton Ext Cab sales and didn't bother to build any. Now every mfgr makes an Ext cab heavy duty truck with rear doors on both sides.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will admit it is handy an it doesn't rattle yet, but I know it's coming. I really hated them on that 07. It didn't matter what I did they constantly rattled an I can't stand a rattling interior. Once I hear it, it doesn't matter how loud I turn up the radio I can still hear it. Drives me nuts...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I don't miss my 3rd door, but honestly, If I had I would want of to swing all the way back like the 900s.

-Via Mobile-

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I have always liked how dodge did it, I like them in the Chevy too. Too bad they didn't open as suicide doors still. It does make it easier to let out rear passengers without the front door being open.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
I will admit it is handy an it doesn't rattle yet, but I know it's coming. I really hated them on that 07. It didn't matter what I did they constantly rattled an I can't stand a rattling interior. Once I hear it, it doesn't matter how loud I turn up the radio I can still hear it. Drives me nuts...

Never ride in my truck then :rofl: