2001 Suburban 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Pulled it all apart, checked the o-ring on the sensor that was leaking, looked fine, so let's see if this fixes that pesky leak.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then went out and bought a new pulley (galled the inside of the original removing it). Heated it in the oven for about an hour, greased the shaft of the pump, and voila.

Literally pressed on in a minute, took a couple hours of fighting last time we did it. Lesson learned, heat for expansion and use lubricant!!

All back together

Took about an hour to put it all back together, batteries dead so I can't test it. I'll leave it on the charger for the night and take it for a test drive tomorrow. The pulley is definitely seated all the way this time, could feel it sort of "pop" into place when I was installing it.

Also replace the A/C belt while I was in there.

In case anyone was wondering the HF brand power steering pump pulley tool kit works fantastic!! Used a much more expensive one of my dad's when I did this the first time and they work the same.

God I hope I'm done messing with this for a while.....

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Pulled it all apart, checked the o-ring on the sensor that was leaking, looked fine, so let's see if this fixes that pesky leak.

Then went out and bought a new pulley (galled the inside of the original removing it). Heated it in the oven for about an hour, greased the shaft of the pump, and voila.

Literally pressed on in a minute, took a couple hours of fighting last time we did it. Lesson learned, heat for expansion and use lubricant!!

All back together

Took about an hour to put it all back together, batteries dead so I can't test it. I'll leave it on the charger for the night and take it for a test drive tomorrow. The pulley is definitely seated all the way this time, could feel it sort of "pop" into place when I was installing it.

Also replace the A/C belt while I was in there.

In case anyone was wondering the HF brand power steering pump pulley tool kit works fantastic!! Used a much more expensive one of my dad's when I did this the first time and they work the same.

God I hope I'm done messing with this for a while.....
Does this have the hydroboost setup on it?

sent from my glade air freshner

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
It's back at it again, this time with HVAC problems.

The heat will cycle from hot to lukewarm. I don't believe it's blend door related, thermostat is working properly, and the blower also works fine. I'm thinking clogged heater core. What's weird is that it will do it with both the front and rear heat (two separate heater cores).

Maybe I'll get lucky and it's just low on coolant, but I checked it a few days ago and it was fine. Probably going to just flush it and go from there, easy enough to do.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
For a 3/4 ton one I would. Or an Escalade.

But good luck finding one here that isn't beat to snot, has 22's, and less than 250,000 miles.

I wish mine was 3/4 ton, and I hear you about miles, my 97 has 239,000; which is the lowest mileage of any of the OBS Suburbans I've seen, I want to move mine in favor of a K2500 Crew-cab, bit I know I'd regret getting rid of it.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I wish mine was 3/4 ton, and I hear you about miles, my 97 has 239,000; which is the lowest mileage of any of the OBS Suburbans I've seen, I want to move mine in favor of a K2500 Crew-cab, bit I know I'd regret getting rid of it.
I never realized how handy Suburbans are until I owned one. Thats why I keep fixing it lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk