2001 Suburban 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Re-hooked the subs back up. I missed my bass.

Also junkyard scored some door sills (mine were missing), and the latches for the 3rd row seat floor, both of mine were broken.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
You're a better man than me. I would have sold it a long time ago lol.

Things break, it happens. It can be frustrating yes, but I enjoy keeping them going. I hate taking my stuff to a mechanic or having to part ways with a truck that I can't fix. Did that with my '96 and have regretted it since the day I saw it leave on the trailer.

Pampo'sTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's why I love my gmt400. I can fix the damn thing.

I'm going to have to get what I can for my ol' "Fix Or Repair Daily", I have no idea how to do heads on a v10...

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
That's why I love my gmt400. I can fix the damn thing.

I'm going to have to get what I can for my ol' "Fix Or Repair Daily", I have no idea how to do heads on a v10...

I'd imagine same as a 6.0, pull the cab. Only proper way to get to anything in those trucks.

I have pulled cab's on a 6.0 and a 6.4, it's not as bad as you might think. Get 3 or 4 guys together and it can be done in a few hours. You just need a 2 post lift lol.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Didnt sell it. Wish I wouldve. It was driving ok for a while. Now the A/C has gone out, along with the power lock. Bleh. It's running and driving great now though. Hopefully all the transmission problems are done for.

The AC is either a bad orifice tube or bad compressor. Praying its just the tube.

Power locks I'm thinking is just the drivers side switch. So wednesday I'm heading to the pull a part to grab one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Went and just orederd new lock switches on ebay. $25 for the drivers and $17 for the passenger. I'm good with that.

Also going to go through and replace all my ground straps. I'm sure that at 207xxx theyre nice and green and crusty.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Productive day today. Replaced two ground straps in the engine bay and added a third. Replaced both the door lock switches (locks still aren't working), replaced the rear rotors so I'll have a working E-brake, replaced the lift supports for the rear hatch, and went and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed the seats. Took Simple Green and a plastic bristle brush and washed them all about 4x before they finally started looking good. I can't believe how bad they were. The first time I sprayed the Simple Green on I thought I'd stained it. Nope, just had a bunch of tiny clean spots.

Here's before and after.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Looks soooooo much better. Going to attempt to figure out why the door locks still aren't working. At one point this had an aftermarket alarm installed, so this could turn into a wiring nightmare.