2000 GMC C/3500 Crew Cab Dually 5/7 on 22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Cant wait for more progress. As for the cowl hoods. a simple 2 inch is nice but the older i get the more I like the clean lines of the stock hood
I think the flares on the front might be a good idea. Not just to give visual balance to the rears, but to keep the front wheels from leaning in( cause that just doesn't look right!).

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut the inside out of the Denali fenders for a little more clearance when turning.

I was going to run 22's and either use a cab and chassis rear end or 323 Duallysportz for the eclipse fenders, but came across a deal on some 19's that I really liked so went that route. You could source some spare fenders and have a body shop fab them for you.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the build so far! I looked over a while back, but I never got a chance to comment; I want a low 400 so bad but I love my 4x4s way too much

Do I see a Banks decal on the door?
UPDATE: BANKS headers were on the motor - did not see them until the engine swap started. The remote oil filter was necessary to avoid the header - oil filter conflict. So now it makes sense: the Banks sticker was for the headers that were added by previous owner. The oil filter relocation was necessary to adapt headers which interfered with oil filter mounting location on block. I wonder if the headers and/or the oil filter changes had anything to do with the engine failure???

Last edited:

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut the inside out of the Denali fenders for a little more clearance when turning.

I was going to run 22's and either use a cab and chassis rear end or 323 Duallysportz for the eclipse fenders, but came across a deal on some 19's that I really liked so went that route. You could source some spare fenders and have a body shop fab them for you.
I will buy the Eclipse before I have a body shop fab. The problem with shops is that they take forever and you never really know unless they do a lot of the same thing. 323 does them and has done them forever!! I am looking for any other wide fender guys, but not finding online except some weak flaky looking websites out of Texas and they don't respond so maybe out of business???

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the cowl, so if I find one cheap I will buy it. Or, if I decide to get this thing painted, it might make me get the cowl hood or forget about it. Of course, I have the option of adding a cowl, but then I need a spare hood and the body work and then paint, it seems like too much effort when the repop is se easily available.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will buy the Eclipse before I have a body shop fab. The problem with shops is that they take forever and you never really know unless they do a lot of the same thing. 323 does them and has done them forever!! I am looking for any other wide fender guys, but not finding online except some weak flaky looking websites out of Texas and they don't respond so maybe out of business???
I'd say that depends on the body shop. It's not particularly difficult to stretch them, any competent body guy should be able to do them.

I didn't find any other options besides 323

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
454 is coming out - started removal today - BANKS HEADERS WERE DISCOVERED = the sticker is for real!!! Here is the initial picture of the engine pull. Unhooking stuff.
Also, I spoke to 323 DuallySportz in California. They have fenders in stock and have 3 on-the-shelf options, small (stock width, stock height, 2.5" deeper fenders for wider rims/wheels), Medium (3" taller, 7" wider [stretch gas door to rear tail light] 3" deeper), and Large (3" taller, 7" wider and 4.5" deeper). I talked to Benny and he was very helpful and discussed getting measurements to confirm spacing and fitment, availability, delivery, even full custom options. Yes, they are "proud" of the fenders, but I am going for it and will order once I have my measurements confirmed. I am going to the shop tomorrow and will take pictures of the engine removal.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: