2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found the key to a softer ride.
You must be registered for see images attach

Those logs are about 12-15” in diameter. Rear ride height only dropped about 2”. Overload leafs weren’t even close to flattening out.

I think I’m the future I might look into a replacement 5/1 spring and Ride-Rite helper bags.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just find the 2 extra mains and pop them out. The stock leaf pack is VERY capable. The bed will move the way you and 454 describe, totally normal. My 3500 has a much stiffer frame than my 1500 and it is longer. CCLB frames from my observations are the thickest of all.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should've just walked home.
I called AAA and the lady pretty much laughed at me. Seems they don’t have anything big enough for ol’ Waylon. One of the downsides of this truck.

We flat towed it to my buddies shop and he did the job. I’ve dropped enough tanks in my day to know I didn’t feel like doing the job.

This truck has gone the extremes on fuel pumps. The old pump literally sounded like a small vacuum cleaner once the engine fired and alternator energized. This new pump is near silent. The relay clicking under the hood is louder.

The other plus...I no longer have a dancing fuel gauge. Now it just buzzes at empty. I think I’m going to take a crack at replacing the stepper motor. It doesn’t seem like too bad of a job. I’ve gotta order up some LEDs so I don’t have to pull the cluster again.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured out the the gas gauge was perfectly accurate...the tank was just empty. I dumped about 17gal in, and it came up to a bit over half. So, for the time being, I have renewed faith in the gauge.

Over the weekend I reinstalled the overhead console with the added DIC and Homelink, and ran the wiring down the a pillar. Ordered LEDs for the dash, so I’m just waiting on those to finish DIC wiring and put everything back together.

I programmed the Homelink, but it’s not working. Any thoughts on that? Does it have as short of range as the RKE receiver?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you're doing it the weird way the manual says that could be why. I just hit learn on the motor then hold the desired button until the garage starts flashing and it's done. Mine is rolling code.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Success! The method the manual tells you only gets you halfway there, programming the Homelink to your clicker. You still need to do the learn procedure for the motor.

I did my wife’s Camry while I was at it.

This isn’t new stuff, but maybe it saves someone a little grief.

https://www.overheaddoor.com/homelink