2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two steps forward, one step back.

Last week I got the LED install pretty much completed. Used Natural White HP5s in the gauges, and blue HP3 in the HVAC. Doors got blue Neo3 & 4. I’m pretty happy with the results. I still need to do the Cargo Lamp, mirror, and rear door lock switches.

As per usual, the iPhone just isn’t up to the task.
You must be registered for see images attach

Yesterday the local RV dealer called to tell me my hitch was in. It’s been raining here in RI for pretty much the entire month of April, so I had some much needed lawn mowing to be done.

I finally back the truck into my garage at about 8:30 last night to throw the hitch on. I unpackaged it, and something is just off.
You must be registered for see images attach

Besides looking like it was dragged behind their shipping truck, it looks like the receiver is misaligned a bit. I’m pissed but I figured it will work just fine. After about 30min of the balancing act on a floor jack, I get the passenger side loosely bolted up. Move to the drivers side, no dice. The whole side plate looks to have been pulled while welding. The rear most hole just misses, but the front hole is off by at least 3/4”.

This is a Draw Tite 41901. I was going to by the B&W because I will eventually have their Turnover Ball and Companion 5th Wheel. I went with the Draw Tite because it tucks nicely behind the bumper. Really kicking myself for that. My first camping trip is in 2 weeks, so it’s going to be a race to get this together. I still have to dewinterized the camper. Gotta love the Hecho en Mexico products!

Last edited:

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually the safety chain loops are under the receiver. That’s sort of a gusset you see there in the picture.

Juan must have pulled the fixture off once he had everything tacked, and just blasted down one side of the tube, without beefing up his tack welds.

I’ll have to call the dealer in a couple hours and begin the battle with them. Hopefully they will just return it for one that is fabricated probably.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, F*ck me. Exchanged the hitch and it still doesn’t fit. What am I missing here? Draw Tite #41901 is for 88-00 C/K series. Is there something different with the frame because of the DRW or Crew Cab? I thought I read about the earlier crew cabs being conversions build on cab & chassis frames. Maybe this is the issue? Can anyone recommend a Class V hitch for me? My first camping trip is on May 24, and I don’t have a hitch yet. Local dealer takes 3 days for delivery, so I’ve got about one shot left at this.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought of him, but I don’t have the money or desire for that TorkLift hitch. That’s for the reply though. After searching his posts, it looks like a few others have good luck with Curt.

I’m really wondering if something is up with the truck. The spare tire crossmember was removed before I bought it, so maybe that’s allowed the frame to flex a little.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Can you loosen the bed bolts and push the rails apart with a jack or suck them together with a strap?

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didnt realize at the time that the 41901 hitch was only rated for 10k...promptly returned it. I had them order the B&W 16k receiver, and actually saved about $75. I should have it by tomorrow at the latest. It’s a 3 piece design, so hopefully if the frame rails are a bit out of sort, it shouldn’t effect things too much.

Can you loosen the bed bolts and push the rails apart with a jack or suck them together with a strap?
I was going to undo the bumper and loosen the bed, until I realized it was only a Class IV hitch.

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didnt realize at the time that the 41901 hitch was only rated for 10k...promptly returned it. I had them order the B&W 16k receiver, and actually saved about $75. I should have it by tomorrow at the latest. It’s a 3 piece design, so hopefully if the frame rails are a bit out of sort, it shouldn’t effect things too much.

I was going to undo the bumper and loosen the bed, until I realized it was only a Class IV hitch.

Nice, sounds like a win, win...