2000 k2500 crew cab random stall, low fuel pressure, new pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddy94chevy

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals, I have a 2000 k2500 with a 350 in it. I have been having this random problem for awhile, but is definitely getting worse. It started a few years ago to where sometimes it would stall at a stop. No problem, just fire it back up and go. Maybe it will do it once a week. So I had bigger fish to fry so I ignored it. Then it wouldnt start. I replaced the original fuel pump because i had no psi at the schraeder valve. Fired right up and was good, minus the once in awhile stall. A year or so goes by and it starts having issues starting again. Starting fluid didnt help so I thought it was ignition related. Let it sit for a day or so until I needed it again and it started, and ran for a few weeks with no issues. Then it started not starting again, so I swapped a coil and ignition module from a running vehicle, fired up and was fine for about 6 months or so. Then it wouldnt start again and then it would if you let it sit awhile. Didnt matter if it was cold or hot, if it didnt fire right away when you first cranked it, it was not going to run. So let it sit, try again later and it would be fine, fire right up. All these times it would die, I would go to start getting diagnostic tools to try and figure it out, but it would start when I came back with my fuel pressure tester on it. Or test light. SMH. So another time I was able to get my fuel pressure gauge on and it was low again. I was like ok sweet, needs a fuel pump. Swap it out and it fired right up. Next day it wouldnt start, 20 psi on the fuel rail. I was like Ok maybe my fuel filter is really blocked and that killed this pump. Exchanged pumps bought a filter and it was fine for maybe a week and I am back to key on engine off 20 or so psi. If I cycle the key sometimes it will climb sometimes not.
So sorry for the long book, but what do you think the problem is? Fuel pressure regulator? A third failed pump? Spraying starting fluid does get the truck going. And after it starts my fuel psi is 60. I do have lean codes for both banks. What say you? Thanks for any help and again, sorry for long post!